Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #1,562 of 3,305
Bill Browne, the PFE rep, mentioned a newer version of this PFE on this thread, or the one about PFE cracking issues, can't remember which. Search for his posts, I think is username is wbrowne, but not sure.

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #1,567 of 3,305
if they are funtion they should be good if you have good source to power them

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #1,568 of 3,305
I've had my PFEs for 3 months and really enjoy the sound but recently had an issue with one of the earbuds. I had purchased them through the official online Audeoworld store, and had a great experience getting them replaced (sent an e-mail, the replacement buds were shipped same day and received two days later with a return fed-ex label to return the defective pair). Couldn't be more pleased with my customer service experience--thanks Phonak/Audeoworld. Given the overall fragility of IEMs in my experience, having great support/customer service is of huge importance (it's one thing to give a 2-year warranty, another to make it easy to exercise a customer's rights under the warranty), and this is easily one of the best experiences i've had. Highly recommended and continue to be a great value.

Jun 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #1,570 of 3,305
It should, if there is something wrong with the used pair. Don't see why not. But it depends on the vendor. In this case, considering all the cracking issues they've, I doubt they would not accept the original warranty. You could always ask the seller for the original receipt. I have given buyers the receipts if they asked for them.

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #1,571 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, here's the post. It says they are "prototyping" a new model that should be ready by the end of June. Not sure where I read about the cable, but I will try to find that one too.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5677897-post213.html

not new model... new material (plastic)

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,572 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should, if there is something wrong with the used pair. Don't see why not. But it depends on the vendor. In this case, considering all the cracking issues they've, I doubt they would not accept the original warranty. You could always ask the seller for the original receipt. I have given buyers the receipts if they asked for them.

That is what I am worrying about too. Anyone could confirm that if you managed to get it repaired even you was not original owner? I would not hesitate to buy a second hand pair from Canadian headfier then.

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #1,573 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not new model... new material (plastic)

Didn't mean all new, but somewhere I remember reading there would be sound enhancements too, but not sure where I saw it and when. But cable and body definitely new materials.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #1,574 of 3,305
From I heard which basically coming from PFE customer service , warranty would not be granted if you are not original owner. Just want someone to confirm that as the official statement may be not valid if CS would bother checking to see if you are original owner or not.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #1,575 of 3,305
I know here is not correct place for this question but I couldn't find any answer in over tousands posts in headphone forum. Which one is corretct headphone for a pfe lover?
AKG K701 (RAL cabled)
Beyerdynamic DT880 2005 Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back