Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
May 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #1,486 of 3,308
I might want to get another pair of PFE as back up to my current pair (batch 2008-12-16) once they solve all the issue with current batch. 3 more days to June, can't wait for the good news if any

May 30, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #1,487 of 3,308
I'm back to the stock silicon tips now, the Shure olives have a great isolation but they make the PFEs sound a bit muddy and bloated. Soundstage and clarity are better with silicon tips. Vocals are amazing now (when playing rap you feel like you're in the studio watching the rapper in front of you). Bass is less boomy but still very punchy. They definitely give my AD900 a lesson of neutrality.

May 31, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #1,489 of 3,308
I am sticking with the olives due to the ease of use. I don't even have to compress them to insert into my ears. I also find them to sound a little better than the stock silicones. I don't have a problem with the Comply tips, but I have to compress them and they get dirtier quicker than the olives.

May 31, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #1,490 of 3,308
I use large comply or olive depend on how many left of each type. medium is ok for me too. as for olive I think medium is a little large for me but still ok, I probably will try small olive if someone as extra pair or I might have to buy a set of it. i am also interested in Comply P-tip if they can fit on PFE.

May 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #1,491 of 3,308
Small olives are very convenient to use, it takes me 10 seconds to insert them. I have small ear canals but i heard the medium olives were hard to insert.
For a long time i thought the olives made the PFEs sound fuller but i was surprized the other day by how good the silicones sound. They definitely improve soundstage, i've never been as impressed by my Phonaks
smily_headphones1.gif

What i like about them is their neutrality, i've come across different types of headphones and each of them simply highlighted the fantastic balance of the PFEs.

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #1,492 of 3,308
I've been using the olives for a few days now. For me, the large silicones were just a little too small. To get the olives on the PFE's I resorted to tying a couple pieces of dental floss on the back of a chair and stretching the olives that way in order to get them on.

What method have you found works best for getting the olives on your PFE's?

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #1,495 of 3,308
I have been out of the loop for a while...busy with life
smily_headphones1.gif

What is this about new PFEs? Any concrete info?

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #1,496 of 3,308
Oh, and my original PFEs are still going strong. No problems, no flaws.

Still thinking about an amp though. What is the consensus nowadays on the best amp for under $100 them?

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,497 of 3,308
Not sure an amp would improve SQ. I had a Headsix a while ago and it didn't sound better using my Vaio Pocket's LOD, compared to my unamped Sansa Clip. My CDP and my computer do improve SQ though.

As for Olives i just use a pen to get them on the PFEs.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #1,498 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and my original PFEs are still going strong. No problems, no flaws.

Still thinking about an amp though. What is the consensus nowadays on the best amp for under $100 them?

I think the iBasso T4 is considered a pretty good match, but I haven't heard one. I think it sells for about 100 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back