Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #813 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Team Phonak, I'M BACK BABY! I got a little extra dough & immediately purchased a replacement pair of the PFE's to fill in for the previous pair that died out on me. Got an E5 amp to go with it this time. A teary reunion it will be indeed.
icon10.gif

Be Bop a Lula!!! Welcome back daddy-o!

the Hepcats know, that the Phonaks really rock the show!

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #814 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the Fed ex man just came with my Phonaks! These are amazingly comfortable (so much better than my etymotic er6i; you really do forget that they're in, and with the medium silicon tips, I got a seal as soon as popped them in. Basically, I can't stop smiling! I think they're warmer and bassier than the ER6i but they do lose a little clarity (particularly on female vocals?). I want to put the er6i's in to compare but I so abhor the idea of putting the triflanges back into my ears that I don't think I will...ever. The Phonaks are smooth, light and easy. Very impressive.

now let the good times roll!

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #815 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got them in! pretty nice so far and the bass is not as bad as i had expected after reading all the comments. it could be that my reference phones were the er4s and audio technica ck10 - and sleek customs!

anyway, very nice though the hard edges are a bit off-putting. cable is excellent and including nice foamies in the fit kit is a great kudo to audeo

if you get a decent seal, then the bass kicks daddy-o!

AND the upright slapback bass of the 1950's gets really rockin!

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #816 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a few is great though. there is a high return rate on all iems, much higher than buds and proper headphones. for phonak's first design, these are phenomenal.

People tend to pick on these issues and attack them as cheaply built but what they don't know is that the failure rate on IEMs are quite high across all manufactures. I haven't had much time with PFEs enough to judge on their longevity but I wouldn't worry too much about them breaking cuz I know that I'll get a fresh new pair anyway if that'd be the case.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #818 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like really? no one?

(btw lucille you really do have the best avatar ever)

Sorry. Haven't had custom 1s or any other Klipsch phones for that matter so I can't really comment on them.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #819 of 3,305
Quote:

like really? no one?

I don't think you will get much feedback on the Custom 1 vs PFE.

I researched till I was blue in the face and there wasn't much love on HF for the custom series. All the love seems to be for the X10 in Klipsch's line.

Your best bet is to use the 14 day return policy.

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #820 of 3,305
Quote:

like really? no one?

I have both the C1's and PFE's. While the C1's sound pretty good, PFE's have them beat in terms of treble & clarity (and fit & microphonics imho). C1's tend to have a stronger emphasized mid range & bass & lack clarity, while the PFE's are much more balanced across the entire spectrum (grey filters unamped). Overall, the PFE's have the far superior sq imo. PFE's are more on the side of ety's, while C1's would be more on the side of Shure phones. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE klipsch's sig, but the cables on the customs are something I absolutely DISPISE!

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #821 of 3,305
yeah it was the sound sig comparison i was really after, IEM's with clarity ive got but on sticking the custom 1's in the other day and i just really love the sig they have. oh well was just wishful thinking really, everything i read just keep leading me to think the pfe just isnt hugely different from the er4, which ive already got.

oarnura, not in the us so no 14 day return (granted we do have the distance selling regulation so get 7 by law) plus i still think they are disproportionately priced here compared with the us so doesnt encourage me to buy them

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #822 of 3,305
Quote:

oarnura, not in the us so no 14 day return (granted we do have the distance selling regulation so get 7 by law) plus i still think they are disproportionately priced here compared with the us so doesnt encourage me to buy them

I forget about the different country specific rules and pricing sometimes.

I am sure you have the PFE sound signature covered in one of the IEMs you own.

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #823 of 3,305
Quote:

Hey Markyplops, we get 30 days to return an item once we've informed the retailer in writing (ie;email), that we don't want it anymore. So long as we tell them within 7 working days after the date of receipt... we get 30 days on top of that. I have till next Thursday to decide if I want to keep the Phonaks so I'm hoping my LOD turns up before that! Although if it doesn't show up by then, I can still say I want to return the Phonaks, and then cancel it within the 30 days if the LOD is a big improvement
biggrin.gif

P.S Swiss Hearing Aids sells them for £120 with free delivery - and Heritage Hearing sells them for £105 (inclusive of delivery).

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #824 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forget about the different country specific rules and pricing sometimes.

I am sure you have the PFE sound signature covered in one of the IEMs you own.

I would have to agree. If they are more expensive there, then you have a close enough sound with the Etys

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #825 of 3,305
well tbh i know if i order them i wont return them, unless i really really dont like them. mostly i just dont get the impression they are going to give me something radically different so im not in a hurry to get them and the price differential just annoys me and doesnt incline me to impulse buy just because i feel like im getting a bad deal

btw heratige went up Price with microphone £124.95 without microphone £117.99, plus post and packing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back