Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #496 of 3,308
Just hit that button:
report.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #497 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, can I ask what you think of the sound signature with the Phonak/Clip unamped?

For example, if you lost your amp, would you be happy to listen without it?

Thanks
smile_phones.gif

I'm not sure if the E3 changes the sound signature that much, It's just that the power boost adds more meat to it. The bass matures slightly. I dunno, seems the E3 makes what's already there more apparent. It's like the Clip lacks a bit power to run the PFE's to its limits.
As for your scenario; I imagine I would be longing for that extra boost. It's a small one, sure, but just enough to reach that sweet spot. ^_^

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #499 of 3,308
Just tried what for me is the killer combo for the PFEs. I switched to the black filters and the medium silicones, then hooked them up to the Touch via LOD and turned on the T4 bass boost. Perfection. I had not tried that combo before, and I am now convinced that the black filters are going to be my first choice from now on. Anyone want to buy a box of gray filters? (I bought one of each). I also have two bags of the large T130 foamies. The medium silicones fit so snugly and really seal comfortably, so no more foamies either. Of course, that's today.
darthsmile.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #500 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tried what for me is the killer combo for the PFEs. I switched to the black filters and the medium silicones, then hooked them up to the Touch via LOD and turned on the T4 bass boost. Perfection. I had not tried that combo before, and I am now convinced that the black filters are going to be my first choice from now on. Anyone want to buy a box of gray filters? (I bought one of each). I also have two bags of the large T130 foamies. The medium silicones fit so snugly and really seal comfortably, so no more foamies either. Of course, that's today.
darthsmile.gif

honey, you flip and flop back and forth...

I believe your favorite combination is whatever you are currently doing with the Phonaks... But the one thing in common, the Phonaks!

Now..... about those grey filters......

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #502 of 3,308
"I Said FLIP, FLOP and FLY..... I don't care if I die"

big_joe_turner.jpg

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #503 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by syn_fx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't like listening to the PFEs without the E5. They no longer sound balanced and become too bright for my taste (grey filters).

I noticed the same thing if I had my music playing at a higher volume, but I think these things are much more brilliant at a lower volume, the first headphone of any kind that I've noticed it with. I guess that's where it helps to have a product developed by a hearing aid company. As I stated in another thread, it's like having a beautiful supermodel make love to your eardrums (female supermodel of course, I'd imagine having a male supermodel would feel more like the etymotic triple flanges
tongue.gif
)

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #504 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed the same thing if I had my music playing at a higher volume, but I think these things are much more brilliant at a lower volume, the first headphone of any kind that I've noticed it with. I guess that's where it helps to have a product developed by a hearing aid company. As I stated in another thread, it's like having a beautiful supermodel make love to your eardrums (female supermodel of course, I'd imagine having a male supermodel would feel more like the etymotic triple flanges
tongue.gif
)

Agreed, weird by I find that sometimes if I play at a lower volume, the sound stage widens a bit. It's odd like the sound improves or something.....

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #505 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubersnuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if the E3 changes the sound signature that much, It's just that the power boost adds more meat to it. The bass matures slightly. I dunno, seems the E3 makes what's already there more apparent. It's like the Clip lacks a bit power to run the PFE's to its limits.
As for your scenario; I imagine I would be longing for that extra boost. It's a small one, sure, but just enough to reach that sweet spot. ^_^

Do you notice any hiss with the E3? because the ie8 hisses pretty bad with it.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #507 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I flip flop too - between

1) black filter with silicone tips, and
2) grey filters with foam tips. Argh!

Glad I am not the only crazy one. But I had never tried this latest combo, and it just sounds so right. I hope I can stick to one strategy, but who knows? For now, it's Door #1. I went back and listened, and it just works.

The problem I was having with the foamies is they seem to lose their freshness (get mushy) much too soon (and thus have a hard time with a good seal).

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #508 of 3,308
haven't read through the full thread, but a good majority of it, could someone point me toward a online retailer for US shipping that takes paypal? if not i can order from their site, I just have a gift card I wanted to use
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back