Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Oct 26, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,092 of 3,305
Hey guys.
I've used PFE's for more that 5 five years. Owned two models - 112's and the first model they produced (don't remember the index for sure).
So now it looks like my second pair is dying and I cannot find any left in stock.
Can someone suggest a substitute? Maybe a bit more expensive. I liked precise sound they produced, the treble, the mids. So I'm definitely looking for armature.

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #3,093 of 3,305
Hey guys.
I've used PFE's for more that 5 five years. Owned two models - 112's and the first model they produced (don't remember the index for sure).
So now it looks like my second pair is dying and I cannot find any left in stock.
Can someone suggest a substitute? Maybe a bit more expensive. I liked precise sound they produced, the treble, the mids. So I'm definitely looking for armature.

There was a Massdrop sales for the Phonak PFE232 that just ended recently. You can put a request at Massdrop to start another PFE232 sale. I did a search at Amazon and found PFE012, PFE022, PFE111, PFE122, PFE132 and PFE232 so you might want to take a look there yourself. Hope this helps.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #3,094 of 3,305
There was a Massdrop sales for the Phonak PFE232 that just ended recently. You can put a request at Massdrop to start another PFE232 sale. I did a search at Amazon and found PFE012, PFE022, PFE111, PFE122, PFE132 and PFE232 so you might want to take a look there yourself. Hope this helps.

I thought all this stuff was discontinued. Are they selling the selling the lower end models as well?

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #3,095 of 3,305
I thought all this stuff was discontinued. Are they selling the selling the lower end models as well?

Looks like all the models still listed at Amazon are the few left over stock so grab it quick before it's gone forever. Phonak Audeo (IEM division of Phonak) has stopped operation for about 2 years or more. Keep in mind that you won't be able to get any warranty support for all the remaining Phonak Audeo products that's being sold now.

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #3,097 of 3,305
I have got the same question as thetest10 : I need an alternative or improvement (when it comes to reproduction of sound) to PFE111 with grey filters and comply. I was thinking of Vsonic GR 07 or Etymotic hf3. I bought Hifiman RE-400 but am very disappointed by build quality as the cable broke open after some months. The sound was OK but nowhere near Phonak's clarity. What do you guys think could be similar to PFE111?

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #3,103 of 3,305
Has anyone figured out a good way to clean the outer "mesh" portion of the 232? Is this area just aesthetic or does it affect sound quality? Thanks!

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #3,105 of 3,305
  Just used my pfe's today after ages. Forgot how good they sound and how comfy they are. Shame Phonak stopped making iems. Going to start using them more often. Anyone still using theirs?

Absolutely. Mine kinda failed and I hadn't looked at them for a while - The cable is wonky right at the splitter, and I'm not totally convinced the right driver is 100%. Dug them out again in Dec. and surprise! they were working… A Christmas miracle!!. Been using them almost daily since - being extra careful not to twist the cable the wrong way

I really should have stockpiled a bunch of 012 when Earphone Solutions was clearing them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back