Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #857 of 3,308
Haven't heard of any white PFEs suffering from the cracking thing. But I am probably among the white minority, so to speak, in that I actually own them (had no choice when I bought them. Long story).

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #858 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And what you did with them? I have on left ear something quite same.

I looked for cracks in my PFE's when I saw the first post about this problem. None of the earphones had any cracks. But since then I've being even more careful with them, and check for cracks from time to time.

Some weeks ago, I noticed a "very small crack" had apeared in the left earphone, but it didnt got bigger, so I thought I could send them to warranty at any time later if it got worst. It didnt got bigger, so it didnt worried me.

Meanwhile a bigger crack appeared in the right earphone, so I decided that was time to solve this.

Following Bill suggestion (that I've read in another post), I decided to contact the seller about this problem and ask them a replacement under the warranty, so I sent an e-mail today to Hören mit Fiebing.
I had good experience with them, when I first bought the PFEs, so I'll wait for their reply.

I also found very positive and reassuring Bill's post, regarding Phonak return policy and I really like their sound so I'm confident everything will be solved.

I only hope I dont have to pay for delivery cost.

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #859 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't heard of any white PFEs suffering from the cracking thing. But I am probably among the white minority, so to speak, in that I actually own them (had no choice when I bought them. Long story).

this is just so beautifully quotable.

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #860 of 3,308
So I got them in today and am listening to them right now. Maybe it's just untrained ears, but I don't feel like they sound super different than my other headphones (Everglide S-500). I am using the black filters. The clarity, however, is awesome. My source is a Zen Vision M.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #863 of 3,308
The more I listen, the more I like. I find with these that I simply hear more parts of a song I previously didn't notice. However, I was switching out my filters and it looks like one of my blacks broke already after only a little use.

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #865 of 3,308
This is probably a stupid (already covered) question, but can you wear PFE NOT over the ear? From what it looks, you can't. I just HATE wearing earphones over the ear.

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #866 of 3,308
ChroniCali, I always have too,
With these it doesn't bother me too much because the silicon guides are great. They don't irritate your skin like the other ones made out of hard plastic. I like the foam tips alot better, but I'm not planning on wearing them because it seems like an expensive habit to get into because of how often you have to repalce them.

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #867 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, they are very clear - that is for sure. what they lack is what has been mentioned: not the best of sound stages. bass is mad heavy with sony players or a rock boxed ipod

Yes, bass is deep and heavy especially with trance music. So, which genres/songs that you find the PFE's bass is heavy ?

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #868 of 3,308
i am using a rockboxed ipod now and going crazy with the eq, but the sony gives a thick closed sound stock with a bit of eq. lots of bass sound, but nearly no impact: and i listen pretty much to only trance and sometimes hip hop unless for reviews, i listen to something that headfi people listen to: rock and jazz, classical stuff.

actually with dense earplugs modded to work with the pfe: there is so much bass that it is almost overwhelming. stage is a bit better than with complies for some reason unless i am fooling myself... who knows.

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #870 of 3,308
Now, I am listening to PFEs + D10, but the source or transporter is WD HD Mediaplayer via optical. Audio files are in Imation NanoPro 16GB USB thumbdrive. Problem is, it is not quite portable, because it needs TV/monitor to make selections. Also it need external power.

Sound, as usual from digital audio.... very nice.

bakhtiar-albums-phonak-audeo-pfe-picture2231-wd-hd-media-player-optical-ibasso-10-pfe.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back