Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Aug 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #1,756 of 3,305
I find them very comfortable and they are MUCH nicer, spacious-sounding, fuller-sounding, and a bit bassier than the COMPLY tips that you can order that are designed for the Audeo PFE.

I was really liking the Audeo PFE with the Shure Olive Foam Tips... But sometimes they filled up my ear TOO MUCH and made them sore after long sessions... Tried the small and medium sizes and medium was most appropriate for my canals...

These COMPLY P-Series Tips fill up my canals JUST AS MUCH as the Shure Olive Foams, but are like 10x more comfortable, and have a smoother less "dark" less "compacted" sound to them. Fuller, smoother mids.

I'm using black filters here. Amped of course!

Best to all you PFE fans!

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #1,757 of 3,305
I already use Comply P-tip on my PFE for two months, I tried all sort of tips and found it to isolate the best and bass is enhanced to a point that no amp is needed.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #1,759 of 3,305
The soundstage is great with the grey filters, very outside the head with a good sense of depth. But i would say most DAPs don't make the soundstage shine, only a powerful one would (my Vaio Pocket does a great job for example, better than my Clip).

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #1,763 of 3,305
haha I have had a lot of gear
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #1,764 of 3,305
Update on the new versions. Looks like the non microphone version will be coming the beginning of September with the microphone version at the end of September.

Improved casing as well as improved and longer cable.

Stay tuned...

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #1,765 of 3,305
actually, my local supplier says by the end of august :p

Man, theres such a weird disagreement between which are the better pair of phones , the PFEs or the RE0s , some say the PFEs>>>>the RE0s while others are saying the Re0s are vastly better, LOL its crazy

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #1,768 of 3,305
The update sure sounds good, a less crack-prone casing and better wires would be good news indeed. I have a small crack and my wires are hardening like crazy already -_-

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #1,770 of 3,305
I'll have to retry the hybrids on my pfe. I wasn't impressed last time, but that's probably because I get a REALLY good seal with the super supplied small silicone tips
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back