Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
May 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #256 of 467
2nd pair has small hairline crack on left earpiece manufacturing date 12-02-2008

if the crack doesn't get worse i'll wait until the new materials batch is ready

May 30, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #257 of 467
My turn to praise Phonak Customer service. First of all a little back ground, I belong to a part of world where when your product has an issue, you curse your bad luck and prepare for the battle ahead with the seller/company. My past experience is on the same lines somewhat, even on international buys. But i must say--What Phonak are giving is outstanding customer service. I am on another distant corner of the world and through super fast response time and replacement service they solved my problem in no time. (Credit Also Goes To Bill; an excellent Rep imo). All in all a happy customer here, who will like to buy from them again sometime.

May 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #258 of 467
Hello newfier raj - good to hear you were taken care of no matter which part of the world you lived in
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't updated this thread for a couple of weeks, but I'll get round to it later
redface.gif

May 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #260 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had my PFE 3 days and no crack yet.

Amazing, Nailzs! Keep us informed and post an update on the latest condition of your PFE at least once a day here.
Or how about setting a live 24/7 on-line web-cam streaming broadcast of your earphones (preferably from different angles)? What a priceless input for the community!

PS: am not going to answer any provocative replies for this particular post.

May 31, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #261 of 467
way to be a dick before you even have a double digit post count... i think you deserve a trophy for that

May 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #262 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by active /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazing, Nailzs! Keep us informed and post an update on the latest condition of your PFE at least once a day here.
Or how about setting a live 24/7 on-line web-cam streaming broadcast of your earphones (preferably from different angles)? What a priceless input for the community!

Way to go...only 9 posts and you're trying to master sarcasm already. Not to mention the debt we owe you for reinforcing the community...

rolleyes.gif

I foresee a great career for you on the boards

Edit\ ^^^ you beat me, necropimp! Nice
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #263 of 467
Quote:

Or perhaps you could write us a guide to sarcastic trolling? How's that sound?

May 31, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #264 of 467
Quote:

Sure. Day 4 no crack. Do you want a PM? I could do that twice a day.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #265 of 467
update... i never reported the crack to anyone at phonak just mentioned it here and even said i was going to wait for the new materials... i just got a new pair

same 2008-12-02 date as my cracked pair

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #266 of 467
Mine just lost sound in the left ear yesterday... lemme change the filter again and see what happens, but considering how badly the cable's cracked (and jackknifed on itself) I don't think it'll help.... and no, it didn't help.
frown.gif

Also, I am using the large silicon ear tips, and they're still too small (maybe that explains why I can hear down into the single-digit Hz range, but can't hear past 16kHz even though I'm only 28... although for some reason with these Phonaks I was unable to hear much below 30... but with some other headphones I've used I could hear down to 6 or so. What gives?) - they keep breaking the seal and eventually falling out. I often have to readjust them every 30-45 seconds when I'm mowing my parents' lawn (and wearing full size ear protector cups over them) or doing other activities, for example. (The foam tips got all ear waxed so I've tossed them.)
In the meantime what should I do about it? How long do I need to wait before the new stock should be ready, and should it be better quality than the ones I now have? I was hoping that since I was paying $130 for them they would last at least 10-15 years, not 4-6 months or so. I was getting sick of buying $20-$30 headphones and having them break within a few months, and this one broke within the same amount of time, AND didn't really sound/isolate 5-7x better than my previous ones, IMO. Was I expecting too much?
I do have a few things that have lasted 10+ years and are still functioning almost as good as new - a mid 1990s graphing calculator, an early/mid 1990s personal sports-type radio/cassette player, a couple 1980s or older portable radios, a couple 1950s pianos (which I got less than a year ago), etc... Am I expecting too much to expect these headphones to last as long?

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5141.JPG

IMG_5143.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG
or doing other ac

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #268 of 467
I miss the good old days when everything last so long. it seems like the durability of man made product decrease as number on calender increase (pyramid is like 3000 years old and last that long while manufacturers these days usually give shorter and shorter warranty period) compare to other, your breakage seem a bit extreme. please deal with warranty and treat earphone with more care
my current pair is my third replacement. all came to me super quick and I didn't have to pay a single cent to ship them back. be confident with Audeo's customer service

I also have issues with seal using silicon tip on top of the horrible walking sound when I walk with it. what I did to improve sealing is to place a de-cored medium comply foam (too bad you toss yours, you can wash it and use for this mod) behind the silicon tip so the foam will keep the silicon in place in your ear. it get perfect seal and never fall out of my ear this way. the seal is so good and create vacuum when I try to pull it out. I only use silicon if I sit in front of table, else foam is my choice (Comply or Olive)

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #269 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I miss the good old days when everything last so long. it seems like the durability of man made product decrease as number on calender increase (pyramid is like 3000 years old and last that long while manufacturers these days usually give shorter and shorter warranty period) compare to other, your breakage seem a bit extreme. please deal with warranty and treat earphone with more care
my current pair is my third replacement. all came to me super quick and I didn't have to pay a single cent to ship them back. be confident with Audeo's customer service

I also have issues with seal using silicon tip on top of the horrible walking sound when I walk with it. what I did to improve sealing is to place a de-cored medium comply foam (too bad you toss yours, you can wash it and use for this mod) behind the silicon tip so the foam will keep the silicon in place in your ear. it get perfect seal and never fall out of my ear this way. the seal is so good and create vacuum when I try to pull it out. I only use silicon if I sit in front of table, else foam is my choice (Comply or Olive)

if they make durable product, our money will not be pouring in to their pockets anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back