Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
May 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #242 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier_raj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't heard back from Bill since 13th May. Has he stopped responding?? I hope not.

He just reply my email about my cracked PFE. he should be still around

May 19, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #243 of 467
My cable hasn't even stiffened up yet (yay!), but in the case of a defect, how are you guys contacting Bill?

May 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #244 of 467
shubhangam, Hsiu and Bolt91506 - please can you tell me the colour of your PFE? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: And do any of you have the date of manufacture to hand?

May 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #245 of 467
2008-12-02 batch. Black. Crack on R earpiece, half a cm or so below the cable entry.
Sheesh.

May 20, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #246 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2008-12-02 batch. Black. Crack on R earpiece, half a cm or so below the cable entry.
Sheesh.

Oh stevie!! That's the latest and 'safest' batch. You're the first 'defect' for that batch number. Are you going to ask for a replacement or wait till the new materials have been implemented and then get one?? Anyway, I'll stick you on the list.

EDIT: stevie, I thought you had the batch with no defects, but it turns out that stock's faulty too.

May 20, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #248 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh stevie!! That's the latest and 'safest' batch. You're the first 'defect' for that batch number. Are you going to ask for a replacement or wait till the new materials have been implemented and then get one?? Anyway, I'll stick you on the list.

EDIT: stevie, I thought you had the batch with no defects, but it turns out that stock's faulty too.

What if he don't have a crack, can we still change them for the ones with new material to avoid any breaks?

May 20, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #251 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll wait for the new materials edition -just doesn't seem worth getting a replacement from the current stock. I have to email Phonak to check the claim procedure (+ I'm the second owner, so I hope the warranty is OK).

Shame -I was hoping the 02-12's were 'safe' too....still, onward!

May 23, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #252 of 467
I haven't been getting cracks on the PFEs, but I've been having some cable problems.

My RMA replacement for my original pair, which had a similar problem, now gets a weak/quiet signal for both sides of the PFEs. One second it was fine, the next second the right side is totally dead while the left side is fine. A few seconds later, the right side is back, but both are now really quiet.

I hope I can get a replacement again from Phonak, and hopefully one with a better cable. I don't want to end up RMAing a replacement for a RMA replacement a couple months down the line....

This is my 2nd pair of PFEs that I'll be RMAing, and the batch number is 12-02-2008

May 23, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #253 of 467
Yip, at last got a day off work so I can finally start sorting an RMA...who do I contact seeing as I'm in UK/Europe - is it Bill here or is he Stateside CS only?

May 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #254 of 467
My broken one is my second pair, it is 2008-11-XX. the left ear piece crack.
this replacement is I have now is 2008-12-16. hope it is better

May 23, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #255 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpg2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't been getting cracks on the PFEs, but I've been having some cable problems.

My RMA replacement for my original pair, which had a similar problem, now gets a weak/quiet signal for both sides of the PFEs. One second it was fine, the next second the right side is totally dead while the left side is fine. A few seconds later, the right side is back, but both are now really quiet.

I hope I can get a replacement again from Phonak, and hopefully one with a better cable. I don't want to end up RMAing a replacement for a RMA replacement a couple months down the line....

This is my 2nd pair of PFEs that I'll be RMAing, and the batch number is 12-02-2008

This is weird.... My PFEs are now perfectly fine. I was getting very weak signals before out of my 2Move, onboard sound from the computer, and my iPod... But after a night of not using them, they're somehow back to normal.

Anyone know what is going with my pair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back