Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
May 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #226 of 467
pianoplayer88key-

The white ones aren't necessarily a safer bet. It's just like other people have mentioned, fewer people bought them, so fewer problems have been reported. Obviously you need a replacement because of the damaged cable, but in the meantime, try replacing the filter in the suspect earpiece and see if that brings back any of the sound. It's worked for some other people, and at least you'll know if it's the driver or just the filter. Thanks for the pics and batch date, I'll add them later
smile_phones.gif

May 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #228 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the same boat as you. Wondering if there's another BA iem that has the same signature. I absolutely love the sound with black filters and silicone tips. Though, if I indeed need to send my second pair in, I am willing to give them another shot because I like the sound so much.

I know my comment won't really help this thread out, but I find the SA6 to be another excellent IEM that can be tuned for sound. Both are not comfortable to my ears, but both are excellent sounding phones.

May 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #229 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, what's your problem? I wasn't even addressing you. ^^

My problem is that not every post on this thread, including a couple I have made, is someone reporting a problem, so why make a big deal about it?

As for posting on threads about phones you no longer own, it's one thing to post advice/feedback based on someone's request for help (on tips, fit, SQ, sound sig, etc.), and another to think you have to take a policing role in a thread whereby you no longer have any skin in the game.

Didn't realize you sold/gave away your PFEs Soozieq, but you actually started and are managing this thread, so your role is quite different.

May 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #230 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pianoplayer88key-

The white ones aren't necessarily a safer bet. It's just like other people have mentioned, fewer people bought them, so fewer problems have been reported. Obviously you need a replacement because of the damaged cable, but in the meantime, try replacing the filter in the suspect earpiece and see if that brings back any of the sound. It's worked for some other people, and at least you'll know if it's the driver or just the filter. Thanks for the pics and batch date, I'll add them later
smile_phones.gif

Thanks for the tip about replacing the filter... that fixed it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Guess I still need to do something about the cable, though.... and what about the ear guides that don't stay on, and the fact that they won't stay in my ear in spite of the fact that I'm using the large silicone tips?
frown.gif

May 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #231 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianoplayer88key /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip about replacing the filter... that fixed it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Guess I still need to do something about the cable, though.... and what about the ear guides that don't stay on, and the fact that they won't stay in my ear in spite of the fact that I'm using the large silicone tips?
frown.gif

That cable looks bad, and is definitely an issue. It may be prudent to PM wbrownie and request a replacement....

May 13, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #232 of 467
I had a little scare with losing sound that was the same thing. I think the problem with the black ones is the casing cracking which has happened to white ones as well as the recent picture shows. I would think the cable cracking would happen to both.

May 13, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #233 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got 2 cracks now on the right earphone and the standard one on the left :')

This is your second pair isn't it? Are you going to ask for a replacement/refund, or maybe wait till the new materials are being used and then get a replacement? That might be a better idea.
Quote:

As for improvements, Phonak is currently prototyping a new material as well as a few other minor improvements that will likely be ready by the end of June.

May 15, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #234 of 467
Damn, my left piece just developed a minute crack
frown.gif

Going to contact the seller now.. I hope they don't tell me to ship it back and that they'll ship after they receive.. I'll be outta music for a month if that happens..
frown.gif

Is it safe to continue using the slightly cracked PFEs?

edit: I just read wbrownie's post. If there isn't much problem I may wait for a month to get a RMA

May 16, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #235 of 467
So does the warranty only apply to the original owner? If so, I may be out of luck...

I had a crack on the left, and as of now it is missing a piece of plastic. The right side is just a crack at the moment.

May 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #236 of 467
My guess is that with all this mess, they should honor the warranty, even if you were not the original owner. After all, they also only sell through limited vendors in the U.S. PM Mr. Browne and ask him about it.

May 16, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #238 of 467
Hey guys, can I ask those that are experiencing the cracking are using the phones regularly? Is this something that happens with much use (wear and tear)? or just something that happens with time? I was looking to get a pair as a daily use/throw-around pair of IEMs...

May 19, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #239 of 467
unfortunately it is my turn again. my first FPE lost sound on the right, now the second pair have chip off on the left piece. can I still contak Phonak for warranty ?

May 19, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #240 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately it is my turn again. my first FPE lost sound on the right, now the second pair have chip off on the left piece. can I still contak Phonak for warranty ?

They will fix or replace them for two years, and Bill Brownie said he would give the replacements a 2 yr warrantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back