Phoenix owners represent
Oct 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Yikes

Headphoneus Supremus
I was currious about how many of us have purchased a Audio-Gd Phoenix headphone amplifier.

I was one of the first ten, and I still love it. Who else has purchased a Phoenix? New or Used? and have you kept it?

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 17
I'm in the first 10 lot with Yikes and love mine...not going to sell anytime soon if ever.

Peete.

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 17
Same here. Going by Audio-gd's consignment page, a few dozens have probably been sold. It'd be nice if more owners showed up though and posted their thoughts, but they might have been scared away by all the weirdos and crazies in the other thread.
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #5 of 17
I have one, bought it off of a head-fi'er. I love it though it has a couple issues, I can live with them. The last thing I want to do is ship it to back.
How many people have a silver one? Is silver even an option because on the website I don't see one.

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 17
I still have mine!
However I am having some annoying issues with it and I can't get the full potential out of it.
I also need to upgrade my source.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 17
Issues!

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 17
I've had mine for 2 weeks now and really loving it. I upgraded from the Audiotailor Jade and found it to be a big improvement. I purchased mine with the Ref 1 so for me it was a major overhaul from my past gear. It's been burning in for the past 2 weeks. How many hours seems like a good break in period? Do you guys leave your amp on when not in use?

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by googlephone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been burning in for the past 2 weeks. How many hours seems like a good break in period? Do you guys leave your amp on when not in use?

Phoenix requires at least 400 hours of burning-in. Prior to shipment it should have accumulated 100hours.
I think you can leave yours always turned on. That's what I did for mine and I cranked the volume to max in order to have some transistors included in the process of burning-in.

Oct 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #12 of 17
I had mine for about 3 weeks now and have no problem at all with the amp. The amp PSU does get warm, but never too hot to touch. I listen while burning in, thus only about 100 hrs burning-in till now. I upgraded from M^3, and to my untrained ears, Phoenix gives me a big improvement. I might upgrade my DAC to REF1 if I get a good deal for it, otherwise I am happy with Phoenix + Buffalo 32 + Hd600 balanced.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttnl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had mine for about 3 weeks now and have no problem at all with the amp. The amp PSU does get warm, but never too hot to touch. I listen while burning in, thus only about 100 hrs burning-in till now. I upgraded from M^3, and to my untrained ears, Phoenix gives me a big improvement. I might upgrade my DAC to REF1 if I get a good deal for it, otherwise I am happy with Phoenix + Buffalo 32 + Hd600 balanced.

If you upgrade the DAC we would like to read a review of REF1 vs Buffalo 32 from you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back