Philips TX1 / TX2 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #16 of 28
Not really liking the TX2 after about a week using them. Kind of prone to sibilance especially with poorly recorded/mastered/ripped music. Good treble extension, satisfying bass, but mids are a bit too far back for my liking. These will be playing second fiddle to my LG QB3 until those gems got broken or lost or anything, heaven forbid.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #17 of 28
  Not really liking the TX2 after about a week using them. Kind of prone to sibilance especially with poorly recorded/mastered/ripped music. Good treble extension, satisfying bass, but mids are a bit too far back for my liking. These will be playing second fiddle to my LG QB3 until those gems got broken or lost or anything, heaven forbid.

I've been seeing some buzz about the LG QB3.  Seems like most folks prefer the "tuned by AKG" version.  Is this the one you have?

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #18 of 28
  I've been seeing some buzz about the LB QB3.  Seems like most folks prefer the "tuned by AKG" version.  Is this the one you have?

Nope, mine is the original version. I will get the AKG version in about a month or so depending on my wallet's state. But I'm very happy with my QB3, I certainly don't miss my Westone UM Pro 10.

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #19 of 28
I just bought Philips T X1 it's just better in tonality and more balance than lg QB3 which sound light in bass ,vocals laid back and harsh treble .
Philips TX1 is my second fav. IEm, best Value for me Than Piston 3 and lg combine together .

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 28
Paired Philips TX2 with SpinFit eartips really toned down the sibilance in highs and brings the bass comes to live. Soundstage is awesome! :D

http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #23 of 28
I use M (medium). :)

Yeah I think I'll grab the mediums myself, seeing as the medium original tips are my preferred. I just checked and it's the CP100 model that fits the tx

Unfortunately I dropped my iPad and yanked the connector, my soldiering skills aren't up to scratch so I'm just gonna order a set of TX2's, they're unbelievably good value.

Mine were TX1's and all I can say is that at 1/3rd the price of my senn momentum 2.0's, they're 3 times as good, open and shut case. Can't wait to try my TX2's.

I will say though, they really come alive with an amp, I don't love the 5-6khz spike, but it seems to be a symptom of my iPhone, not sure it's the same for android, but with an amp both the elevated bass and that spike are settled to healthier levels, everything sounds fuller, more detailed, delivery has more authority.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #24 of 28
Yeah I think I'll grab the mediums myself, seeing as the medium original tips are my preferred. I just checked and it's the CP100 model that fits the tx

Unfortunately I dropped my iPad and yanked the connector, my soldiering skills aren't up to scratch so I'm just gonna order a set of TX2's, they're unbelievably good value.

Mine were TX1's and all I can say is that at 1/3rd the price of my senn momentum 2.0's, they're 3 times as good, open and shut case. Can't wait to try my TX2's.

I will say though, they really come alive with an amp, I don't love the 5-6khz spike, but it seems to be a symptom of my iPhone, not sure it's the same for android, but with an amp both the elevated bass and that spike are settled to healthier levels, everything sounds fuller, more detailed, delivery has more authority.

Awesome. I think the 5-6KHz spike is still there no matter what player you use, but SpinFit eartips does reduce the sibilance a lot. :)

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #25 of 28
Awesome. I think the 5-6KHz spike is still there no matter what player you use, but SpinFit eartips does reduce the sibilance a lot. :)

I don't have a proper headphone amp ATM, I tested them with my Yamaha home theatre receiver, it definitely had a calming effect on the sibilance and the bass, yet it sounded more powerful overall, more full, better seperation of instruments, just better in general.

Perhaps it's a case of my amp having a signiature that just happens to match well with the tx1, maybe not something you'd experience with other amps necessarily, but if I could have that sound with portability, I'd be in heaven!!

Sadly it weighs 7kg and doesn't fit in a.backpack :frowning2: lol

Anyway I've ordered a set of spin fits and spiral dots, looking forward to trying them out!!

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #26 of 28
I don't have a proper headphone amp ATM, I tested them with my Yamaha home theatre receiver, it definitely had a calming effect on the sibilance and the bass, yet it sounded more powerful overall, more full, better seperation of instruments, just better in general.

Perhaps it's a case of my amp having a signiature that just happens to match well with the tx1, maybe not something you'd experience with other amps necessarily, but if I could have that sound with portability, I'd be in heaven!!

Sadly it weighs 7kg and doesn't fit in a.backpack
frown.gif
lol

Anyway I've ordered a set of spin fits and spiral dots, looking forward to trying them out!!

Good luck on your Philips TX2 + SpinFit eartips. I really enjoy mine on Nexus 5 phone and Asus Z170-A motherboard without any equalizer. :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 28

Sadly it weighs 7kg and doesn't fit in a.backpack
frown.gif
lol

How is your experience so far? I'm loving it more each day, coming from SHE3580 and LG QuadBeat 3 campers.

Just tested this with Steinberg UR22mkii USB audio interface and it brings the best of Philips TX2 earphone with SpinFit eartips. Smooth treble presentation with better high detail and bass low end, also the instrument separation is much enhanced. Thanks to the flat response 20-20kHz @ 0dB of the audio interface frequency range spectrum.

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 28
They're good. Punchy bass, recessed mids, and sparkling trebles. More of a "v-shaped" sound signature. Could be prone to harshness (in some songs), but not a big problem. No need eqs nor amps to sound great. The only downside is, the build quality. The rubber strain relief is not that intact with the housing near the rear grill. After carefully using them for a week, the strain relief and the housing start to separate. I'm just disappointed knowing that I've paid much for this (I'm just a 9th grader). It costs Php 1900.00 here in the Philippines (around 38$).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back