Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Oct 27, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #586 of 2,061
How is the sound leak on these headphones and the isolation i know they are open back but if im on a bus and I don't want to hear the background noise will i need to get to like 100% volume to not hear it and will people hear my music

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #587 of 2,061
  How is the sound leak on these headphones and the isolation i know they are open back but if im on a bus and I don't want to hear the background noise will i need to get to like 100% volume to not hear it and will people hear my music

The most leakage possible.  
The least isolation possible.
They are worse in those regards than something as open as the AD700x.

If you use these on a bus, you may as well be using a boombox.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #588 of 2,061
The most leakage possible.  
The least isolation possible.
They are worse in those regards than something as open as the AD700x.

If you use these on a bus, you may as well be using a boombox.
thanks for the reply i was looking at akg k553 pro as well i think these will be a better choice cause they are closed back and they still have great sound

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #589 of 2,061

I would never use them outside. If you don't want to hear background noise use ear buds or a closed headphone. I got my SHP 9500 nearly for the same price like my Takstar HI 2050's. I bought them used with perfect condition for 38$.

Great headphones and combined with the v-moda boom pro an even greater gaming headphone.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #591 of 2,061
What's the consensus on replacement pads for these? I imagine the existing pads can probably be cleanly removed with a utility knife. What is out there that fits and comes close to the softness of these pads?
Going from the Superlux Hd 681 evos to these is an excellent upgrade in comfort and I don't want to go back to overly dense pads.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #592 of 2,061
I see mention of Vegans, hm5, and beyers for velour type. I didn't think Beyer made any oval style head phones.
Perhaps Sennheiser pads would fit?
Anyone know of any cheaper headphones with soft oval pads? What about the takstar pads?

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #593 of 2,061
  After a couple more back and forth, it is my EQ that makes these so great. Just open and airy sounding I suppose is my thing then. :D never could put my finger on why I like Q701's so much...They just were a bit too much and too little I suppose. Even more so than ever I feel like 400i will be perfect for me. :D

Can you share your EQ settings?

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #594 of 2,061
  I see mention of Vegans, hm5, and beyers for velour type. I didn't think Beyer made any oval style head phones.
Perhaps Sennheiser pads would fit?
Anyone know of any cheaper headphones with soft oval pads? What about the takstar pads?

The DT250 and the DT235 have oval pads.

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #595 of 2,061
I found the Superlux 681 evo pads hard and uncomfortable and the philips stock pads, while soft are to thin to be very comfortable.

So what do you folks recommend? Chunky cheap pads like the hm5, or is there something better out there either cheaper than the hm5, or in between the cost of the hm5 and vegans?

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #598 of 2,061
What sources (DAC/AMP) you guys use to drie 9500? I found it's very selective of sources. For what I have, it could sound trivial, or dry and very harsh, or airy, bright, and dynamic. How about yours?

BTW, anyone have try sth. like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETYMOTIC-ER4P-TO-ER4S-RESISTOR-ADAPTOR-3-5MM-PLUG-/291329605627?rmvSB=true
to add impedience to 9500 and is there anything better?

Thanks!

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #600 of 2,061
I found that the Shure SRH940 earpads also fit if you remove the foam bumper around the clip-in plastic insert, in case anyone wants to try that. Can't post up any pictures or anything, as my SHP9500s are at home and I'm not, but they seem to fit pretty well.

Unfortunately, i poked a small hole in the dust filter (at least, I guess that's what it is) over the driver in the left can while removing the clip-in insert. Hoping it's not going to affect the sound or anything, but I guess all I can do is wait and see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back