Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Oct 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #16 of 2,061
These are an absolute STEAL for the price!

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #19 of 2,061
Nov 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #22 of 2,061
These cans are selling for 70$ for next 2 days. Can`t mention where but use google :wink:

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #23 of 2,061
Welp, I just bought these. Hope they'll prove worthy. Anything to add to comfort me in my choice while they arrive :) ?

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #27 of 2,061
Got mine, do these settle in with burn-in? Mine are too bright and seems to be lacking bass with the DX100 and something like 20hrs on them. The soundstage leaves a lot to be desired... specially for open backs. I'll take em home and try it out on the Project Polaris amp and see what happens (Polaris is warm and fast in nature so should be a good match). 

I think the Q701s are superior to these in many ways..but that's just initial impressions, off memory, and on different equipment in the chain from having the Qs before. So far the SHP9500 seems thin, bright, lacks a bottom end, soundstage is ok despite thinking it would be great at soundstage/imaging because of the angled drivers... We'll see what 100hrs or so will do to the sound. To me it sounds like a dry version of the Shure SRH1440...

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #28 of 2,061
  Got mine, do these settle in with burn-in? Mine are too bright and seems to be lacking bass with the DX100 and something like 20hrs on them. The soundstage leaves a lot to be desired... specially for open backs. I'll take em home and try it out on the Project Polaris amp and see what happens (Polaris is warm and fast in nature so should be a good match). 

I think the Q701s are superior to these in many ways..but that's just initial impressions, off memory, and on different equipment in the chain from having the Qs before. So far the SHP9500 seems thin, bright, lacks a bottom end, soundstage is ok despite thinking it would be great at soundstage/imaging because of the angled drivers... We'll see what 100hrs or so will do to the sound. To me it sounds like a dry version of the Shure SRH1440...

Definitely, my shp8900 had to be burned in for like 100hrs. Just listen to them now, then leave them all weekend sounding at high but listable, not cliping music (an amp will help) and then post us your comments
=)

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #29 of 2,061
So I ordered a pair and hopefully get them around this Friday or Saturday. Lets see how they sound, which I really cant compare to any other headphones that i own beside the X1, MA900, PC350 SE (headset). Hopefully I will like them as to not returning them 
confused.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #30 of 2,061
  So I ordered a pair and hopefully get them around this Friday or Saturday. Lets see how they sound, which I really cant compare to any other headphones that i own beside the X1, MA900, PC350 SE (headset). Hopefully I will like them as to not returning them 
confused.gif

Im waiting till blackfriday, if the price drops, if not anyway i will buy them.
Post your initial impressions, and dont forget to burn them in =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back