Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Sep 24, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #1,547 of 2,061
The irony is we have dumb notes like that attached to everything now, my apologies if my joke attempt shoot over your over-sensitive perception of reality.
I have an excellent sense of humor, don't imply your joke was too "smart" for me, it just wasn't any kind of a joke...it had no elements of comedy, at least none that weren't dependant on tone. See, sarcasm requires some indicators, such as tone of voice, but this is a text format, so for you to make it a "joke" you would have to do more than 'sarcastically' say something.
Don't blame your failed attempt at humor on my inability to 'get it'

Sep 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,548 of 2,061
nevermind, I was going to explain it, but...who cares. If you're going to try to make jokes, try to include humor, otherwise some poor person might come along and read your humorless joke and get confused.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,549 of 2,061
The emoticon was enough for me to understand it lmao

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,550 of 2,061
The emoticon was enough for me to understand it lmao
hmm...a winking smiley face IS a hilarious emoticon, I mean, it had YOU laughing your A#$ off....maybe this fella is a comedic genius after all? He's like, the next Tom Green?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,553 of 2,061
Have you started reading online forums last week? If so grow some skin then, often you don't even get a winking smiley.
Just stop...you keep trying to be insulting and it's lame. You made a dumb non- joke, nobody is 'upset' about it. What's your point in trying to somehow insult me? You made a stupid comment, which I merely pointed out was untrue in case some poor unsuspecting person came along and mistook it for factual.
I didn't 'miss' the joke and I was never upset about it....but you kind of act like a child, which is tiresome...

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #1,555 of 2,061
Are these already about as light as any around- the-ear open headphones get?

Coming from my only other headphones (sony mdr-v6), they're weighing on me a little more than I thought they would. Will do the replacement pads & 3d printed housing if I don't put that & returning them for the $100 hd 579's instead. BUt neither the mod nor senns going to help the weight at only 1/2 ounce lighter. Guess I'll give it a little longer, see if I get used to them. They do sound good.

After wearing them more and more often over the past couple of weeks, I find them much more comfortable now. No longer considering a pad swap. Maybe the sharpness of the nylon or w/e it is softened up. Doesn't feel scratchy any more.

I still wouldn't mind if at it's smallest setting the pads sat a quarter to a half click higher, so I have some felt. I'll see what putting a couple of strips between the band and top pad does. And since I have the felt, for no good reason really I want to also try the donuts of felt thing, where some of you guys were sliding a pad shaped ring in from inside, under the entire pad- just trace an oval from the outside of the pad, then trimming the inside of the donut increasingly slimmer, until none of the ring is sticking out from under the pad/overlapping the driver?

Glad I stuck with them now, instead of instantly returning for the HD 579 massdrop for 2x as much. There'd have been no end to that.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #1,556 of 2,061
My only problem with the stock pads is that they are shallow and my ears are touching the driver cover, and even more so with the felt inserts I'm using, and I don't have particularly big ears too.

Sep 28, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #1,557 of 2,061
ellipse.jpg
... for no good reason really I want to also try the donuts of felt thing, where some of you guys were sliding a pad shaped ring in from inside, ...

What I used to cut 5mm thick rubber rings to go under the pads.

Attachments

• ellipse.jpg
    ellipse.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #1,560 of 2,061
The bottom of the pads on the shp9500s don't seem to be flexible enough to be able to slide anything under.
it's hit or miss...on mine one side was not glued down, so I could easily slide some padding under there to increase depth. The other side was glued down and kind of got slightly destroyed in the process of trying to unattach the fabric from the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back