Philips SHP9000 vs Sony MDR-XB700 vs Audi Technica ATH-AD700 vs Senn HD280 Pro
Apr 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AliceC

New Head-Fier
Hello gurus.

I really need your opinion on these headphones, which of these sound the best.
I listed all these as they all seems to fall on my budget, but I'm having tough times to decide which one to buy.
Hopes you gurus here could help.

Cheers.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Welcome to Head-Fi.   I don't have experience with these so I can't recommend any but here's a frequency response graph that may help.Headroom doesn't list any Philips cans and the AT AD700 surprisingly wasn't listed so I substituted the AD500.

These graphs should in no way be used solely to choose a headphone.  Ideally you should listen to them and short of that do as much research here (as well as elsewhere) as you can.  Also, it's much more helpful for the gurus to make a recommendation if you tell us what music you like to listen to, what environment you listen in, what sort of components you have in your system (source, amp ect.) and what things you want from your headphone. For example, do you want a dynamic, lively and fun presentation, or do you want tonal accuracy and uncolored response that doesn't over or under-emphasize some frequency bands. Do you plan to build a higher-end rig in the future or do you just want to spend a bit now and get some good cans and not worry about the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back