Philips Fidelio X3
Jun 3, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #1,906 of 1,964
Screenshot_20230603_175508_Gallery.jpg

Dude....
Ok, whatever. For some reason it works if I take a screen shot and post that.
This is an Open Heart cable...6 strand on the X3 and an 8 strand in the Beyer T 1.3.
I really like the thicker cable I got for the T1...it feels better, the extra heft is nice. Having said that, the X3 cable works well. It's nice to have the 4.4 connector vs the 2.2 +adapter

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #1,907 of 1,964
Screenshot_20230603_175508_Gallery.jpg

Dude....
Ok, whatever. For some reason it works if I take a screen shot and post that.
This is an Open Heart cable...6 strand on the X3 and an 8 strand in the Beyer T 1.3.
I really like the thicker cable I got for the T1...it feels better, the extra heft is nice. Having said that, the X3 cable works well. It's nice to have the 4.4 connector vs the 2.2 +adapter
👍🏼nice. Yeah, uploading images can be a pain in arse sometimes. 'Im liking the look of T1 cable too. Will try again to purchase... Perhaps I can get one made like the T1 for the X3 and a replacement for the SHP9500 & X2HR.

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #1,909 of 1,964
worth it to buy cables or other stuff on aliexpress?
Yes. I've had good luck buying things there. The 2 cables I just got were less than $50. The quality is good for the price, they showed up in a timely fashion, etc.

Jun 11, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,912 of 1,964
How much does this change the stock sound? Like bigger soundstage, more bass, etc?
Uhhh... many people don't actually like what the Dekonis do to the sound, myself included.
I have a set of X3 that I modded and a brand new set and neither one of them likes the Dekonis, but it's been a while since I listened, so I can't tell you why.
Maybe I'll put them on my stock set and give them a re-listen.

Jun 11, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,913 of 1,964
Tried the Dekoni suede pads. Way too much bass if you are looking for a more neutral bass response. More bass than the stock pads and the stock pads already emphasize the bass too much for me.

Jun 11, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #1,914 of 1,964
Uhhh... many people don't actually like what the Dekonis do to the sound, myself included.
I have a set of X3 that I modded and a brand new set and neither one of them likes the Dekonis, but it's been a while since I listened, so I can't tell you why.
Maybe I'll put them on my stock set and give them a re-listen.

I was more looking for a more comfortable pair of pads that I could use as replacement pads when the stock ones eventually wear out.

I appreciate the insight on that.

Jun 11, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #1,916 of 1,964
I use the Sixsop pads purchased from Amazon for $18.88 for the X2 and the X3. Better sound than the stock pads. More neutral bass response than the stock pads.

Thanks. I had seen those when searching on amazon but didn't give them a second thought when one of the reviews said they tried it on the X3 and it added more bass and made it boomy.

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #1,917 of 1,964
Added the X3s to my collection, and while they might have been a little bit of a stretch at the original retail price, they're a great value at their current Amazon price ($139) or sub-$100 on eBay if you don't care about warranty support (that's where I got them). Now just waiting on my Hart Audio Cable

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #1,918 of 1,964
I have two sets of these is there anyway to mod the headband so it's not so tight on my head? It looks like a piece of fabric with a pulley system in the middle. I tried using zip ties to tie it up but then it doesn't fit the same.

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,919 of 1,964
I have two sets of these is there anyway to mod the headband so it's not so tight on my head? It looks like a piece of fabric with a pulley system in the middle. I tried using zip ties to tie it up but then it doesn't fit the same.
The metal part of the headband just needs to be stretched a little bit. You can just gently pull the headphones apart and slowly stretch it, kinda like the way you stretch it to put it on. Do this a few times until it's to your liking, or alternatively, leave the headphones in a stretched position, like on a basketball or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back