Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 15, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #11,611 of 15,268
I highly recommend the X2 HPs; have had mine for roughly 18 months. The comfort is outstanding, which is as important as other HP parameters IMO. They are well built and easy to power and though I usually use different dac/amps I own, my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active does a good job when mating directly to the X2.
Good luck.

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #11,612 of 15,268
Quick Q/C question: I ordered the X2 off Amazon last August ("Amazon.com LLC"), then returned them because of a significant channel imbalance (left side louder than right by more than 2db). I noticed there is a $50 coupon right now from the same seller on Amazon. I'm wondering whether it might be part of the same trouble-prone batch, I know Gibson had a bad run for a few months

Has anyone ordered from them recently? Any comments/reassurances about the quality (channel balance, pads, etc) would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of trying again, since it's a good price, I just wouldn't want to be disappointed again if avoidable.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #11,613 of 15,268
  Quick Q/C question: I ordered the X2 off Amazon last August ("Amazon.com LLC"), then returned them because of a significant channel imbalance (left side louder than right by more than 2db). I noticed there is a $50 coupon right now from the same seller on Amazon. I'm wondering whether it might be part of the same trouble-prone batch, I know Gibson had a bad run for a few months

Has anyone ordered from them recently? Any comments/reassurances about the quality (channel balance, pads, etc) would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of trying again, since it's a good price, I just wouldn't want to be disappointed again if avoidable.

I bought a pair from Amazon last week and they're working great. Pads detach as they're supposed to, sound is in line with all the measurements I've seen. That doesn't mean there can't be bad apples still, but I think the X2 issues are behind them at this point. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #11,615 of 15,268
hi there  , just wondering , some says they are bassier than the dt990  is that true ? ive been reading auround and it seems pretty split.. some says yes , some says no , what u guys think ??  i was going to buy dt990 ( i owned a 600 ohm pair before , and sold it , what a mistake ) so i was going to buy  dt990 pro 250 ohm when some1 told me to buy the x2 instead !? what u guys think ??

for music/gaming/movies ... 

edit : i had the dt770 pro 80ohm too , awesome bass , not enought soundstage imo tho , sold it ...

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #11,617 of 15,268
I was pretty excited to get these, and while they sounded good, I was not impressed by the variety of QC issues that have been presented in this thread. IMO, even if you aren't necessarily facing any of these problems, it says a lot about the type of support you can expect from Phillips/WOOX/Gibson/whoever going forward. If I'm going to spend $200 on headphones, I'd feel better knowing that I could replace parts, or receive good service on them. So back to Amazon they went. Now I have to debate selling some IEMs and moving to HD6x0

I am so feelings the same. In first case when i heard " philips " i was like hell no ! Than after reading this tread , it confirm what i thought. No philips for me. Sad because the pair that sound good seems to be right what i am looking for :tired_face:

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #11,619 of 15,268
Just bought me self a Aune B1. Using my Shozy Magic as a Dac and connecting the B1 straight to it and my source being the HTC 10 and WOW :grin:. X2 bloody X2000 now. Love them, can't wait for Ibasso It03 & Etymotic Er4Xr to arrive.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #11,620 of 15,268
Help, I'm slowly going insane. After many hours of testing I've found out that not my interface or cables had a problem, but my X2. The right channel is significantly quieter than the left one and I don't know what to do... I bought these used on eBay about a month ago.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #11,623 of 15,268
Help, I'm slowly going insane. After many hours of testing I've found out that not my interface or cables had a problem, but my X2. The right channel is significantly quieter than the left one and I don't know what to do... I bought these used on eBay about a month ago.

If you used paypal there should be some sort of buyer protection there, as well as on eBay's I believe. You should look into it at least. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #11,624 of 15,268
If I do get a new pair of X2, how long does it roughly take to burn in? Since my old ones were bought used, they sounded the same since I first got them.

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #11,625 of 15,268
My Woox X2s had a very noticeable channel imbalance favoring the left side. But I loved the sound signature so much that I modified a variable in-line volume control to adjust the channel imbalance to the center.  That solved the immediate problem.   However, after extended play over the last year the imbalance problem is now gone.  You might want to try and continually play some loud music (louder than listening levels) with elevated bass thump through your X2's to exercise the drivers a bit.  Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back