Philips Fidelio X2?!
May 30, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #10,906 of 15,268
  I feel the same way. Mind if I ask where you've been purchasing them from?

Local retailer in Sweden. www.elgiganten.se
They jack the price up way to high, but then every so often they sell them for the equivalent of 120-150USD. Combined with the walking distance to have them replaced, it turned out to be to my advantage.
B!

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #10,907 of 15,268
Is there a mod to stop the ear pads from falling off so easily? I align the pin and try to click the pads into place, no click, it only just stays in place. Totally understand why they were glued on by manufacturers, poor design.

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #10,908 of 15,268
  Is there a mod to stop the ear pads from falling off so easily? I align the pin and try to click the pads into place, no click, it only just stays in place. Totally understand why they were glued on by manufacturers, poor design.

I spent @ 20 minutes scraping the glue off the pins with my fingernail when my pair was new. Minus the glue, mine fit snugly back in place. No "pop" or "click" feedback, but they're not going anywhere. Unless maybe they're rolling around freely in a backpack or something.

However, there is a 5th "Alignment" pin, so the pads can go on only one way. I truly believe the glue process was initiated because uninformed consumers were failing to properly align the pads when re-installing, and blaming the manufacturer.

I'm NOT saying you have mis-aligned yours. I'm sure you haven't. Your comment just made me think of that little detail heh.

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #10,910 of 15,268
Have demoed 2 non glued Woox, taking the pads off- on again is quite easy, and it stays in place... Though i can't say as much as owners here...

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #10,911 of 15,268
It doesn't take much to drive the X2, but they certainly scale very well...
hyvstE3.jpg

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #10,912 of 15,268

Local retailer in Sweden. www.elgiganten.se
They jack the price up way to high, but then every so often they sell them for the equivalent of 120-150USD. Combined with the walking distance to have them replaced, it turned out to be to my advantage.
B!

Did Elgiganten ever sell them for 1000 SEK ($120)?

The X2 are in their super sale this weekend for 1390 SEK ($170) and I could not resist ordering a pair, even if I really don't need them. Or perhaps I do.

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #10,913 of 15,268

The X2 are in their super sale this weekend for 1390 SEK ($170) and I could not resist ordering a pair, even if I really don't need them. Or perhaps I do.

You definitely need them, farbror Barbro :) Last time they were on sale on Elgiganten, I paid 1590 SEK.

Jun 4, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #10,914 of 15,268

Sometime last autumn, at least in my local store. I didn't check it out, it might have been anything from a drive, to a returned sample. Just remember the price, and kicking my own rear end later, for not buying it.
B!

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #10,915 of 15,268
coming from Philips shp9500 im currently considering buying fidelio X2 for mostly gaming and movies..while the shp9500 were great for gaming(very good soundstage) the bass is really shy and soft.

now i want type of bass that's resemble big woofer bass with good amount of oumph! , i heard the X2 bass is bit light than X1..so is X1 more fun for gaming than X2?

also another headphone im considering are the AKG Q701..any help or advice on what to buy would be appreciated

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #10,916 of 15,268
coming from Philips shp9500 im currently considering buying fidelio X2 for mostly gaming and movies..while the shp9500 were great for gaming(very good soundstage) the bass is really shy and soft.

now i want type of bass that's resemble big woofer bass with good amount of oumph! , i heard the X2 bass is bit light than X1..so is X1 more fun for gaming than X2?

also another headphone im considering are the AKG Q701..any help or advice on what to buy would be appreciated
Ive posted afew pages back that i just bought the x2 for movies. Its great. Voices have nice timber band there is that bass woofer thing going on.....as far as headphones are concerned
I recommend these for this purpose. And if this is the budget that you have to play with (ie around this price) them i strongly recommend them.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #10,918 of 15,268
Can you guys recommend a bluetooth/wireless headphone which has the same sound signature of X2?

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #10,920 of 15,268
Ive posted afew pages back that i just bought the x2 for movies. Its great. Voices have nice timber band there is that bass woofer thing going on.....as far as headphones are concerned
I recommend these for this purpose. And if this is the budget that you have to play with (ie around this price) them i strongly recommend them.

That the thing with the X2, they are a great all rounder headphone.
Music, movies, gaming ... and you add this 35 ohm impedance, you can use it on your phone, mp3 player, TV, consoles... 

I also use mine not only on my computer, but on my TV as well, and I'm very happy about this.

I don't have the AKG, but for what I have read, it seem better for competitive FPS. How much better, I don't know.
To be honest, I find the X2 very good already for competitive.

And between the Q701 and the X2, I would pick the X2, because of the reasons mentioned before, unless you really want the best of the best competitive setup to ear footsteps.
Also for movies, the X2 might be better, even if you can do a bass mod for your Q701 (but be doing so you might decrease the soundstage ?).

Obviously you might have more answers in favor of the X2, since you are in the Fidelio X2 thread.  I suggest to also ask in the Q701 thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back