Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 10, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #10,232 of 15,268

Suggestions?

I already give you the link, meh
blink.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #10,234 of 15,268
Here, Amatak, lemme help you out. There's a neat, little program called SineGen that allows you to play any frequency of sound that you want. You can even sweep through them as well. I used it to find imbalances in my X2.
Here's a link to it: http://sinegen.en.lo4d.com/

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #10,236 of 15,268
I've got a Woox pair that was purchased around August last year. Using Sinegen, I found that the right channel is favored at around 5500hz +/- 100hz. The left channel is significantly quieter at those frequencies. I ran the same test on my Q701, and the imbalance wasn't there. I also tried different sources and wore the X2 backward to make sure I'm not going deaf.
basshead.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #10,237 of 15,268
  I've got a Woox pair that was purchased around August last year. Using Sinegen, I found that the right channel is favored at around 5500hz +/- 100hz. The left channel is significantly quieter at those frequencies. I ran the same test on my Q701, and the imbalance wasn't there. I also tried different sources and wore the X2 backward to make sure I'm not going deaf.
basshead.gif

Looks like then this is just the normal sound of the X2. I'm a little bit worried since I'm thinking of buying a pair and I want to use it in gaming and a precise imaging is really important (would also like to listen to balanced music) 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #10,238 of 15,268
Don't worry about it, my friend. My X2 has fantastic imaging regardless of the little imbalance. I game with it all the time(Black Ops 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5), and it never lets me down. Directionality and depth are fantastic(X2 has even more depth than the AD700!)

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #10,239 of 15,268
  Don't worry about it, my friend. My X2 has fantastic imaging regardless of the little imbalance. I game with it all the time(Black Ops 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5), and it never lets me down. Directionality and depth are fantastic(X2 has even more depth than the AD700!)

What about in music? does this imbalance affect the enjoyment of listening to music? does it sound unnatural? 

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #10,240 of 15,268
Oh, not at all. Everything sounds natural to me, even coming from my other cans. I can tell where every instrument and singer is. It's easy to tell if sounds are ever so slightly off-center in the song itself.
The tonality of the mids is more natural than on the Q701, I'd say. And I love the Q701! But the Q701 has a peak at 4khz that makes vocals sound shouty or "plasticy."
I recommend the X2 all the way! Attach a Vmoda Boompro microphone to it!
cool.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #10,241 of 15,268
  Oh, not at all. Everything sounds natural to me, even coming from my other cans. I can tell where every instrument and singer is. It's easy to tell if sounds are ever so slightly off-center in the song itself.
The tonality of the mids is more natural than on the Q701, I'd say. And I love the Q701! But the Q701 has a peak at 4khz that makes vocals sound shouty or "plasticy."
I recommend the X2 all the way! Attach a Vmoda Boompro microphone to it!
cool.gif

That's what I'm planning to do, thanks for calming me down and making me feel more confident in my future purchase 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #10,242 of 15,268
Just CALM DOWN! No reason to panic! AAHH! Oh, wait, you already did. Good. No problem.
If you can get an X2 for $200USD or so, even if it's a Gibson, it will be a fantastic deal.

Do you have a standalone DAC or amplifier yet?

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #10,243 of 15,268
  Just CALM DOWN! No reason to panic! AAHH! Oh, wait, you already did. Good. No problem.
If you can get an X2 for $200USD or so, even if it's a Gibson, it will be a fantastic deal.

Do you have a standalone DAC or amplifier yet?

Do you think I can get a new Woox pair?! 

No unfortunately not, I thought that I don't need one for the X2, don't I?

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #10,244 of 15,268
Getting a new Woox pair might be tricky. Perhaps you could find a used one in good condition here on Head-Fi. I got mine from a fellow Head-Fier.
I believe that Gibson might be getting better at making X2s. Hopefully the issues will all be fixed soon^^.

The X2 doesn't require a lot of power, but standalone DACs and amps can still improve sound quality. It doesn't make a huge difference with these cans, but it just helps(mostly with music.) To be honest, I don't mind plugging my X2 into a PS4 controller when I game.

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #10,245 of 15,268
  Getting a new Woox pair might be tricky. Perhaps you could find a used one in good condition here on Head-Fi. I got mine from a fellow Head-Fier.
I believe that Gibson might be getting better at making X2s. Hopefully the issues will all be fixed soon^^.

The X2 doesn't require a lot of power, but standalone DACs and amps can still improve sound quality. It doesn't make a huge difference with these cans, but it just helps(mostly with music.) To be honest, I don't mind plugging my X2 into a PS4 controller when I game.

One of the main reasons I chose the X2 actually is the low impedance, HOPEFULLY this will allow me to get a decent sound out of my iphone 6 Plus when I'm on the go. I was gonna go with the the AKG 7120 Pro but that one I "think" won't sound as good as the X2 when plugged to an iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back