Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #10,216 of 15,268
  I agree with the first statement. 

I do not agree with the HD600 statement.

I dunno about the HE400s.

Regarding HD600, space and soundstage are not necessarily the same thing. HD600 with proper amp do sound like you are in a bigger space. But the soundstage where the actual music is happening, the "stage" is larger on X2s in my experience.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #10,217 of 15,268
Have you looked into ossic X headphones? These are a kickstarter program, not due to launch until november but I believe they could be THE next big thing when it comes to gaming. They recently broke 1million $ from a 100,000 target so there is some substance behind it. Could be what youre looking for, if you dont mind the wait that is.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #10,219 of 15,268
  I will actually be playing Battlefield 4 way more than CS:GO using the X2, did you try them in Battlefield 4?

I've used to play BF4, but I didn't play with X2 much. From whatever time I had it sounded pretty good.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #10,222 of 15,268

For CS:GO, the X2's are great to track enemy foot steps. However, it doesn't outmatch the great isolation of a good pair of closed headphones. The X2's are great for gaming though.

I will be playing in my room most of the time, I sometimes go to Lan cafe (I don't really know if you call it that here in the U.S. but it's like a mini Dreamhack) which is kinda noisy but I think it's okay since I don't go there often. Thanks for the tip!

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #10,223 of 15,268
Hi All,

Recently purchased my X2 on Amazon, Gibson box with glued pad stems. I think they sound great but I *think* there might be a slight channel imbalance in certain frequencies: it seems like most drums etc... are slightly but consistently on the right side of the soundstage, just under my right eyebrow so to speak.

Do any of you experience similar issues? Do you know of a good test to check for chanel imbalances? The differences are so subtle I think they may have something to do with how the songs are mastered.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #10,224 of 15,268
  Hi All,

Recently purchased my X2 on Amazon, Gibson box with glued pad stems. I think they sound great but I *think* there might be a slight channel imbalance in certain frequencies: it seems like most drums etc... are slightly but consistently on the right side of the soundstage, just under my right eyebrow so to speak.

Do any of you experience similar issues? Do you know of a good test to check for chanel imbalances? The differences are so subtle I think they may have something to do with how the songs are mastered.

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Here you go, thanks to @Uberclocked
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #10,225 of 15,268
  Hi All,

Now you're freaking me out 
confused_face.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #10,226 of 15,268
  Hi All,

Yeap as mentioned you should test with reference material not random songs.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #10,227 of 15,268
  Hi All,

This was very noticeable on my gibson pair. Ended up returning them right away. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #10,228 of 15,268
  Hi All,

My experience is that the simple fit of the headphones can have some minor changes in balance. Try moving the phones forward/back on your head and see it it changes. I also found that the x2 have a very different ss presentation than all of my other phones, probably due to the angled drivers. It could just be that you need to get used to the sound. The link posted a few back should help you sort things out.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #10,229 of 15,268
  Hi All,

My Gibson pair doesn't have these issues and it sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back