Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 27, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #9,662 of 15,268

Don't forget you'll probably have to pay import tax unless they slip through customs.  If you don't 'undrop' (I made a word up!!) then let us know your comparisons with the X2.
smile.gif

Even for £350 (with import tax) is a pretty good deal. The TH-900 is selling for over £900, TH-600 for £460. Some people prefer X00 over 900, but all three are quite similar, X00 probably being somewhere half way between 900 and 600. We will see in May. :)
 In the meantime I also have X2 to enjoy. Which I do every day. And who knows, maybe I wont like X00 that much and stick with X2. But I still want to try. :)

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #9,663 of 15,268
I recently picked up a pair of pre-fiasco X2's. I've been enjoying them immensely but wish to push the upper mids up a tad with APO Equalizer. The problem is I'm not the best at reading the specifics on Freq. response graphs. I assume the region I'm trying to boost is the part I circled in this picture from innerfidelity: http://i.imgur.com/78qdWKE.png?1 If anyone could tell me which frequency's to boost and possibly by how much it would be greatly appreciated.
78qdWKE.png

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #9,664 of 15,268
  I recently picked up a pair of pre-fiasco X2's. I've been enjoying them immensely but wish to push the upper mids up a tad with APO Equalizer. The problem is I'm not the best at reading the specifics on Freq. response graphs. I assume the region I'm trying to boost is the part I circled in this picture from innerfidelity: http://i.imgur.com/78qdWKE.png?1 If anyone could tell me which frequency's to boost and possibly by how much it would be greatly appreciated.
78qdWKE.png

"Pre-fiasco" - I did a laugh out loud at that.  I think 1-6khz is considered about maximum for "upper mids", you could try something like 1.5-4khz if the former isn't to your liking.

As to the amount of db you should increase, it depends entirely on your personal preference.  It's pretty easy to fine tune it in Equalizer APO.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #9,665 of 15,268
Finally got my CASEBUDi case! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #9,668 of 15,268
I got a replacement pair and this new one's ear pad isn't even on because of the glue being in the way. I really don't mind that they used glue, but now it looks like its only a matter of time before it comes off completely. Anyone know how I can safely remove the glue? Or if replacement pads will ever come out?

Just FYI, I didn't even try to remove the ear pad, it arrived like that. I was thinking I wouldn't mess with the replacement pair.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #9,669 of 15,268
I got a replacement pair and this new one's ear pad isn't even on because of the glue being in the way. I really don't mind that they used glue, but now it looks like its only a matter of time before it comes off completely. Anyone know how I can safely remove the glue? Or if replacement pads will ever come out?

Just FYI, I didn't even try to remove the ear pad, it arrived like that. I was thinking I wouldn't mess with the replacement pair.

If the ear pad isn't sitting flush against the base without any gaps, sound, especially the bass will suffer.

That's a real bummer yours is like that.  Philips should have never left something like that out of the factory.  Shame

And I don't foresee Philips releasing any aftermarket pads.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #9,671 of 15,268
  Got mine yesterday, no glue.

Sounds good.

Edit: Quite cheap in sweden actually, 180 euros. 

Mine is 7-8 months old, no glue, perfect woox pair.
Still can't believe these go this cheap. 180 euros or even £200 is a bargain for these.
Easily worth 50% more.
Recent quality issues kinda shadow the picture, but if you get a perfect pair, they are hard to beat under £500.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #9,672 of 15,268
Mine is 7-8 months old, no glue, perfect woox pair.

Still can't believe these go this cheap. 180 euros or even £200 is a bargain for these.

Easily worth 50% more.

Recent quality issues kinda shadow the picture, but if you get a perfect pair, they are hard to beat under £500.

It amuses me when someone says they have a "perfect" pair and then have pictures in their profile showing the peeling aluminum rings. :tongue_smile:

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #9,674 of 15,268
78qdWKE.png

The dip is centered at 3kHz, if you are using a robust EQ, center your adjustment point there and keep it narrow or medium on the Q factor.  Be prepared for a chance you induce additional sibliance going this route.  Also ensure your pre-amp gain is reduced slightly to prevent a possibility of pushing your amplification into the clipping region.  Getting rid of dips is a lot harder than reducing peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back