Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 6, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #9,001 of 15,268
It's a shame imo that people are holding back from getting these headphones thinking that Gibson, or Glued padded versions are lesser quality sounding than earlier Woox branded versions. No I can't compare versions, I can only say that my Gibson set are Glued and cosmetically perfect and the best sounding cans I've ever heard, easily preferable to my sennheiser momentums. Just a thumbs up for the Gibsons from me, anyone else ?

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #9,002 of 15,268
It's a shame imo that people are holding back from getting these headphones thinking that Gibson, or Glued padded versions are lesser quality sounding than earlier Woox branded versions. No I can't compare versions, I can only say that my Gibson set are Glued and cosmetically perfect and the best sounding cans I've ever heard, easily preferable to my sennheiser momentums. Just a thumbs up for the Gibsons from me, anyone else ?

Maybe it's not necessarily about Woox vs Gibson but just shoddy overall quality control?

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #9,003 of 15,268
Maybe it's not necessarily about Woox vs Gibson but just shoddy overall quality control?

Maybe, it's just beginning to sound like if you send for a pair of these be prepared for bad workmanship/ poor quality, I'm not disputing people have had problems and that sucks but equally just pointing out it is still possible to get a faultless set, throw enough mud springs to mind, I'll admit I hadn't found this thread before ordering mine if I had of read this thread beforehand I might not have bothered getting my X2's, so glad I did get them, awesome sound to my ears at least!

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,004 of 15,268

They are much better than momentums 1.0 over-ear in all regards, and still cheaper.

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #9,009 of 15,268
I sent a pair of x2's back about a year ago, and always kinda regretted it.  Took advantage of one of the many amazon deals going at xmas and repurchased a pair - I'm so glad I did!

The fidelios are very rich on bass, but without sacrificing too much from the highs or mids.  Definitely a warm sounding headphone but definition and imaging is still clear.  The soundstage is not the largest Ive heard but its still very good.  I've seen it commented that the soundstage is 'artificial' - but IMO these aren't the type of headphone to take too seriously.  They're a fun sounding headphone and should be taken as such.  I suppose it boils down to what kind of music you are playing through them.  For electronica these will be my go to pair for a while.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #9,010 of 15,268
Okay sooo got the x2s off the Amazon sell like a lot of people and I have to say they sound good I guess. I had the k7xx before these and they sound not much better but already a lot more comfortable. And my pair was glued and I am really worried about this whole 2 different x2 conspiracy I've been reading about. Called Philips and they said they were now discount inured and I can't get a replacement. Do you think I should sell these and get a pair of 650s.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #9,011 of 15,268
Okay sooo got the x2s off the Amazon sell like a lot of people and I have to say they sound good I guess. I had the k7xx before these and they sound not much better but already a lot more comfortable. And my pair was glued and I am really worried about this whole 2 different x2 conspiracy I've been reading about. Called Philips and they said they were now discount inured and I can't get a replacement. Do you think I should sell these and get a pair of 650s.

Assuming you still had whatever you were using to drive your K7XX to drive the 650s and you are in search of a warmer sound sig. then yes.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #9,012 of 15,268

If they exhibit any type of fault or have imperfections with the finish overall i would return them. Otherwise if they seem perfectly fine except for the glue then give it a few days to a week to adjust to the sound. If you feel they still arent your cup of tea sell them on, just remember you will be hard pressed to sell them second hand with all the attention they are getting lately. I have a pair of WOOX that have pads which are more then likely glued, i havent checked because i dont really give a rats arse. They sound amazing and have no imperfections so a bit of glue doesnt justify a flip out and return in my books.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #9,013 of 15,268
If they exhibit any type of fault or have imperfections with the finish overall i would return them. Otherwise if they seem perfectly fine except for the glue then give it a few days to a week to adjust to the sound. If you feel they still arent your cup of tea sell them on, just remember you will be hard pressed to sell them second hand with all the attention they are getting lately. I have a pair of WOOX that have pads which are more then likely glued, i havent checked because i dont really give a rats arse. They sound amazing and have no imperfections so a bit of glue doesnt justify a flip out and return in my books.
How do you check if woox or Gibson?

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #9,014 of 15,268
I would be willing to let someone borrow my Gibson x2s (glued ) to do some testing if they already have the unglued original woox. I am very curious to see the results and I think it would be work thing going headphone less for a few weeks .

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #9,015 of 15,268
  I use WA6-SE with arcam irDAC.
Its still as bad with iPhone 6. 

​The X2 seems a little hotter in the treble when I run it through my WA6-SE (USAF 596, 6FD7).  I am running FLAC files through a Sonos Connnect to a WDS-1.  However, the soundstage is wider.  The bass is better balanced than running it through my portable setup of an Ipod Classic -> CLAS Solo R -> ALO Audio RX Mk2.  The bass is still too much on the portable setup and the treble does not get hot.

After about 120 hours, mine sound much better. Bass is less wholly and one note. Higher frequencies sounded a bit flat and now have more air.

These should sound good after 120 hours on the WA6-SE.  However, they won't be replacing the HE-560 or HE-500 as my go to for the WA6-SE.

What tubes are using with your WA6-SE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back