Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 2, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #8,837 of 15,268
  I hope Amazon restocks their X2's soon. First two pairs came with glue! I have the X1's but would like a proper X2 without QC issues. Ugh...

I wouldn't hold your breath, there hasn't been any official admission of a QC issue or indication that they are restocking.  I have noticed that Amazon .com and .de both have the item marked as under review.  Assuming they will review the issues and speak to Philips directly.

I was going to take a punt on these given the price and re-sell if I didn't get along with them, since I can't demo them anywhere near London.  There's a good chance I'm just going to move on and demo some Grado (SR325e, maybe RS2e) and a couple of others.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #8,839 of 15,268
Today i plugged X2's into my new Gustard H10 and holy crap this combo sounds amazing. It destroyed all my other amps. It's especially good with EDM very strong but tight and detailed bass and decet sparkle up top. I think i like X2 more then HE 560 for EDM now.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #8,840 of 15,268
Today i plugged X2's into my new Gustard H10 and holy crap this combo sounds amazing. It destroyed all my other amps. It's especially good with EDM very strong but tight and detailed bass and decet sparkle up top. I think i like X2 more then HE 560 for EDM now.

Cool! That seems like a nice headphone amp. Enjoy.
Update: The X2's are growing on me! I don't know if it's the burning in of the phones or my ears 
rolleyes.gif
(Probably the latter)

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #8,843 of 15,268
According to who? Anyway, I could remove my earpads quite easily even though they were glued. I removed the glue residue and now they look and functions as if they never were glued. Can replace the pads. And no other physical imperfections either. Mine was packaged in a Gibson box.
People started to report glued ear pads on December. It wasn't glued on before.....

Both of the X2's I received had glue on the contact pins as well as the holes.

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #8,844 of 15,268
People started to report glued ear pads on December. It wasn't glued on before.....

Both of the X2's I received had glue on the contact pins as well as the holes.

My pair says "2014 (C) Gibson Innovations Limited" on the box. No question that the pads were glued, otherwise there would be no glue residue. Anyway, so the only difference between all the models are the pads being glued / not glued?

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #8,845 of 15,268
My pair says "2014 (C) Gibson Innovations Limited" on the box. No question that the pads were glued, otherwise there would be no glue residue. Anyway, so the only difference between all the models are the pads being glued / not glued?
They aren't supposed to be glued on and nobody reported the glue until December.

Differences are some are glued and some aren't. Other folks claim that some sound differently than others. Not sure if that last part is true or not but wouldn't doubt it since QC has gone to hell.

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #8,847 of 15,268
They aren't supposed to be glued on and nobody reported the glue until December.

Differences are some are glued and some aren't. Other folks claim that some sound differently than others. Not sure if that last part is true or not but wouldn't doubt it since QC has gone to hell.

Are u serious? They been seeling glued X2 since summer? I bought mine then and they werr glued...

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #8,849 of 15,268
Not supposed? There is 50/50 chance that they are and the glue does not effect anything? The glue is there because of Philips deciding not to make pads in the future.. How about u read more about the X2 instead of ********tin mate

The quality control is crap and there are plenty of people reporting so. It's currently under review at Amazon and there's a bunch of threads about it on Reddit. Or perhaps I'm making all this stuff up.....

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #8,850 of 15,268
The quality control is crap and there are plenty of people reporting so. It's currently under review at Amazon and there's a bunch of threads about it on Reddit. Or perhaps I'm making all this stuff up.....

It is probobly the glued ones from Gibson innovations.. Mine are from WOOX innovations and they are glued one but it still has excellent quality and sound..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back