Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #7,666 of 15,268
  Most of you complaining about the QC seem to be in the US, but i'm here in the UK with the same metal band issue. Mine seems to be minimal so it doesn't bother me too much, but what worries me is some statements that it worsens with time?

I think if you had them for some time already, it wouldn't get much worse than it already is.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #7,668 of 15,268
  It's been 1 day lol, I noticed 5 mins in

Then it might get worse in a first couple weeks. Keep an eye on it and don't miss the return window if anything.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #7,669 of 15,268
  PM-3 and PM-2 mids are far better than X2's. I consider both to be better than X2 technically. X2 is a very fun headphone, however and better than HE400S in every way.

I read the entire 400S thread. You were one of its most stalwart defenders until you sold them out of the blue one day (IIRC it was because you heard the PM-3 and felt it was better). 

Personally I think you're exaggerating the difference in quality between the X2 and 400S (I can't comment on any of the Oppo cans, although I am keen to hear them). Both are, IMO, excellent headphones, but with different signatures and strengths. Also, I'm listening to my 400S exclusively in balanced mode, which may be why I'm having a more positive perception of it than you ended up having.

Now, I could return both and get the PM-3, and maybe that would be a better fit instead of having two, but I would dearly love to hear the PM-3 first before unloading two very good sets of headphones. I would try the PM-2, but a quick glance on the sale forum here and eBay shows I'm probably not going to get it for less than $700, which is definitely out of my price range.

The reason I got the 400S was that it seemed the best value for the money for what I like, and so far my listening is bearing that out. I only got the X2 because of the sale. If I could hear the PM-3, I could decide which would be best for my purposes. Unfortunately, I can't find a place in Los Angeles that carries it without special order so I could demo it. Very annoying. And while CanJam would be awesome, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out to that.

I see there's a loaner program on here. I expressed my interest in that in this thread. Very nice of Oppo to do that.

Quote:

Yes it is purely cosmetic. Some of us rightfully expect better QC from a brand new $300 headphone. 

Well, I just checked mine and it does look like I have the same cosmetic issue. It looks to me like the silver ring is a separate piece from the black back housing of the cups, and they weren't aligned quite right (or there's variation in the machine that cuts each one). I would never have noticed it if it weren't for this thread, and it's not going to affect my decision to keep or return it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #7,670 of 15,268
So Idk how to eve start Today off right now...

Sure enough I open a pacakge I got... and there's an issue... Granted it wasn't the HPs, but a 15+10$ item I bought, and probably should have spent more since for some reason the user's listing was 10$ less about than others (but didn't offer free shipping like others)... Plus had the most sales... sigh...

Gotta deal with that bs.

Now I'm going to head to the mailbox, to hopefully get my HPs.....

Hopefully I don't get pissed today...

@Merrick THIS IS WHY YOU OPEN YOUR PACKAGES ON CAM......  I BOUGHT FROM AMAZON, but a 3rd party... Now I gotta deal with ********...

Quote:
  Beside the impedance differences with most (not all) of the tube amps, there is the warm sound as well. Imo X2 is already quite warm. (Which I like.) But I am not sure, if tubes would make the sound too warm. With tube amps people generally pair high impedance neutral or brighter headphones. (Like HD600 for instance. And man, 600s with good tubes are amazing.) With warmish sounding (and low impedance) headphones I would rather go for SS amps. As they generally sound more neutral or even brighter. Also generally better with low impedance hp-s. With a good ss amp X2 can also sound extremely engaging and puts a smile on your face. :)

Iv'e heard tubes can be both warm and bright though.

i guess I'll just have to try stuff out, and see :)
  Hopefully your pair will arrive in perfect condition.
wink_face.gif
  Well I'm off to bed, maybe I'll be able to post some pics tomorrow, maybe not, I'll just keep posting on this thread lol. Good night.

Me too :)
  Eurobeat, your buddy who sells on Amazon is a 'third party reseller'. His practices are much different than 'Prime' items 'fulfilled by Amazon', as these headphones were. Two totally different scenarios.

No, you're wrong, that's not how it works.

You have 2 options as a seller on Amazon.

1.  Sell through Amazon's warehouses.

2.  Sell yourself.

He ships his items to Amazon's warehouse for prime, as well as sells on his own.

HE WILL GET CONTACTED BY AMAZON saying that they got a complaint that someone is "missing parts," while the box was returned 2 days earlier.

HE TOLD ME LAST NIGHT

THAT HE HAD A CUSTOMER WHO CLAIMED THAT HIS SHIPPING LABEL WAS STUCK OVER ANOTHER PERSON'S LABEL.

There's no need to argue the truth, Amazon resells open-box items as new, it's a very poor practice.

Because you know what you do when you return an item?

You check a box that says "item is defective."  "I just want to return the item."  "Item not as described."

If you check "I just want to return the item" to Amazon, that means the item is 100% okay, and they don't check contents.

Believe what you want of course, but there are plenty of angry customers out there for a reason...

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #7,672 of 15,268
  Well, I just checked mine and it does look like I have the same cosmetic issue. It looks to me like the silver ring is a separate piece from the black back housing of the cups, and they weren't aligned quite right (or there's variation in the machine that cuts each one). I would never have noticed it if it weren't for this thread, and it's not going to affect my decision to keep or return it.

My third pair is almost OK... if the replacement comes up the same or worse, I'll just keep it and live with it. Not a deal breaker, just wanna make sure Philips acknowledges it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #7,673 of 15,268
  If you check "I just want to return the item" to Amazon, that means the item is 100% okay, and they don't check contents.

I think in most cases such items go to Amazon Warehouse Deals and marked as "Open Box / Like New" with a discount. Defective items go back to manufacturer as mentioned before.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #7,674 of 15,268

I think in most cases such items go to Amazon Warehouse Deals and marked as "Open Box / Like New" with a discount. Defective items go back to manufacturer as mentioned before.

No, they are sold as new.  I don't know how many times I have to say the same thing lol....

I don't think people are going to change their opinions after so many times of echoing my own experiences, my friend as a seller on Amazon, as well as other Amaozn reviewers and users in this thread.

Believe what you want :)

Defective would go back for sure, but "Nothing wrong with it" items will be resold.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #7,675 of 15,268
  No, they are sold as new.  I don't know how many times I have to say the same thing lol....

Not sure if those are just personal anecdotes without any meaningful statistic... I've been actively shopping on Amazon since 2011 and yet to experience anything like that.

EDIT: I'd suggest wrapping it up as I'm sure this discussion is getting a bit tiresome for old and new owners alike.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #7,677 of 15,268

Not sure if those are just personal anecdotes without any meaningful statistic... I've been actively shopping on Amazon since 2011 and yet to experience anything like that.

EDIT: I'd suggest wrapping it up as I'm sure this discussion is getting a bit tiresome for old and new owners alike.

Lol........ "it can't be correct because I haven't experienced it... where's the statistics."

"You should probably wrap up this discussion, it's getting a bit tiresome for me to read."

Now there's just anger going back and forth.

Believe what you want man, I said that last time.

I've been buying from Amazon since 2011 also, my first "Open Box" happened about 6 months ago...  So I'm curious why the package was already open...  I guess companies do that now,... before shippign to amazon...

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #7,678 of 15,268
Right now only Third part resellers can fulfill orders as the X2s from Amazon have been put on hold. No doubt this is due to the returns indicated here in the forum which are returned as 'item is defective' (or the buyer will be responsible for the shipping). No way do they go back to normal stock sale. For that, Amazon has a 'Warehouse Deals' (look them up, their prices typically undercut new items) where they do sell open box and used items. Those conditions are always disclosed (used-like new, etc). If you buy a product such as these X2s and have quality concerns then ensure you buy where it indicates: 'In Stock' or 'Ships from and sold by Amazon.com'. Example products are Powerbeats2 and Beats Studio 2 (in US site). 

As for third party resellers they do whatever they want. In that case Amazon is like 'Buy It now' in ebay. But, if enough complaints come in Amazon puts them on hold or removes them as a qualified seller. If I do buy from a third party I always check their ratings and feedback.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #7,679 of 15,268
  Lol........ "it can't be correct because I haven't experienced it... where's the statistics."
"You should probably wrap up this discussion, it's getting a bit tiresome for me to read."

Nah, no anger. It's just an example of pointless discussion where one personal anecdote is set against another personal anecdote. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back