Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 17, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #7,651 of 15,268
  duke777, you need to listen to high res music off a DAC from a PC with Foobar or equivalent

I agree.  Just got the O2 a couple of days ago, and it leaves the X2 to do what it does best and with punch.  The O2 is also nicely built for the price. 

The iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC+Amp pairs brilliantly with the X2.

I appreciate the advice and yet dumb me is not taking it, at least not all the way. I found this lil' number Teac HA-P50 http://www.teac.com/product/ha-p50/ after for looking the same thing but made by Onkyo which is going for $100 more and has slightly worse reviews. I found the Teac on ebay for 140 at my door and it looks completely portable and idevice friendly. Hope i made the right call. I'll report back.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #7,652 of 15,268
So here's a question: did Amazon decide to have that 200$ after knowing they would review the batch for defects? There are posts here about them possibly doing a review, that were posted a week before the discount happened. Are Amazon hoping that some people will not bother returning them?

I for once am having them shipped internationally. Shipping them back for a replacement will cost me time and money. Not cool.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #7,653 of 15,268
So here's a question: did Amazon decide to have that 200$ after knowing they would review the batch for defects? There are posts here about them possibly doing a review, that were posted a week before the discount happened. Are Amazon hoping that some people will not bother returning them?

I for once am having them shipped internationally. Shipping them back for a replacement will cost me time and money. Not cool.

Remember on any Internet forum, the squeaky wheel makes the most noise. Those with problems justifiably will yell about it - those who don't usually keep silent. I wouldn't worry about it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #7,654 of 15,268

They absolutely knew about the issue before the sale. I've been on their rears almost every day about it and they just kept promising the investigation. Then the sale happened...  Think what you want (smells funky if you ask me)... I'm just glad their return policy is so good.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #7,656 of 15,268
Who pays for the shipping charge returning the defective x2 back to them?

If it's defective, Amazon pays everything.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #7,657 of 15,268
  Mine are fine. Like for my Lionel black steam locomotives, any blemishes or future scratches on the metal finish of the headphones can be lightly touched up with a permanent black sharpie (yes, don't laugh).

For what it's worth, I do not believe that Amazon sells returns or open box items as new. They are required to disclose that and with their volumes, efficiency is more critical. When they receive a return (to a different location than it was originally shipped from), they scan, check that the contents are included, then immediately relabel and reship to the manufacturer. All labeling is automated. No restocking. In and out. No reselling. Just doesn't work that way in a legitimate high volume high efficiency low margin business.

That is what the use Amazon Warehouse for. 

hey thanks for the vote!

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #7,658 of 15,268
I purchased the X2s as part of the One Day Deal on Amazon.  I received mine with the offset Rings (but rather minor in comparison to other Photos I have seen).  There is no discernible Odor to mine and I was aware of the Ink/Dye issue with the Ear Pads prior to purchasing.  I easily wiped the residual adhesive off the rim of the Ear Cups.  I removed both Pads and there are no issues with any adhesive underneath the Pads.  In fact, I was surprised as to how easy it was to remove and reattach the Ear Pads.
My question is for anyone who did NOT purchase the X2s as part of the Amazon One Day Deal.  Are the Rings offset on your pair(s)?  Again, most of these issues are minor and all Cosmetic in my case.  Quite frankly, I would not have noticed the Rings if not for this thread.  Just curious as to if these Pairs are truly a "Batch" issue or if the Rings have been offset on all Models since inception.
I am still Burning In my pair.  If I fall in love with them, I am just curious as to if it would be an exercise in futility to try and find a Cosmetically "Perfect" Pair?  If these issues have existed all the while, then I would simply accept their Cosmetic Imperfections as a necessary evil.  If they are systemic of this particular "Batch", then I would consider paying a premium for a Pair without the offset Rings.  Thanks in advance.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,659 of 15,268
  My question is for anyone who did NOT purchase the X2s as part of the Amazon One Day Deal.  Are the Rings offset on your pair(s)?  Again, most of these issues are minor and all Cosmetic in my case.  Quite frankly, I would not have noticed the Rings if not for this thread.  Just curious as to if these Pairs are truly a "Batch" issue or if the Rings have been offset on all Models since inception.
I am still Burning In my pair.  If I fall in love with them, I am just curious as to if it would be an exercise in futility to try and find a Cosmetically "Perfect" Pair?  If these issues have existed all the while, then I would simply accept their Cosmetic Imperfections as a necessary evil.  If they are systemic of this particular "Batch", then I would consider paying a premium for a Pair without the offset Rings.

I've purchased and returned multiple pairs over the past 2 months with latest one (fourth) bought as part of the deal and third one from a third party seller (fulfilled by Amazon).
All of them have this cosmetic issue. I'm waiting for the investigation to complete to try and order my fifth replacement in hope it's going to be perfect. :)

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #7,661 of 15,268
  What's to say that it's going to look perfect one it first arrives and then peel apart later?

I think that's what happened with my first pair.. It started to peel after a month or so. Thankfully Amazon still accepted the return.

All other replacements had this issue right out of the box.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #7,663 of 15,268
  And it's purely cosmetic? Why all the fuss then, if it doesn't affect sound?

Yes it is purely cosmetic. Some of us rightfully expect better QC from a brand new $300 headphone. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #7,664 of 15,268
Also when it's time to put them on classifieds, I don't want to explain the prospective buyers, that it's "purely cosmetic" and take a hit on the resale value.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #7,665 of 15,268
Most of you complaining about the QC seem to be in the US, but i'm here in the UK with the same metal band issue. Mine seems to be minimal so it doesn't bother me too much, but what worries me is some statements that it worsens with time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back