Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #7,562 of 15,268
I didn't notice any pad issues, I'll have to double check when I get home.

Also no significant smell on mine either.

Apparently the body oils soap into the pads and then start leaking oil.  IT seems that it happens after peoeple wore them for a awhile to get hair and skin oils on the pads....
  Care to explain what you means here? 
rolleyes.gif

I mean take off the pads... put them next to my ear... and then see if I like the X2's or not...  Cuz we aint messing around with the ear-bola pads according to @Mr Trev LOL.

I haven't gotten the dreaded ear-bola yet, but I only had them on for ~1hr. I got to imagine the smell should dissipate over the next day or 2

It's that bad it has it's own name.... :p  Did you name it, or have you heard that name on here....

AS mentioned above, the skin/hair oils apparently soak into the pads, and then htey leak oil... Screw the smel...

Did you order recently from Amazon or...????
  you guys have me concerned that I am going to get a crappy pair of X2's tomorrow.   Did everyone get a bad pair?

I'm not seeing it, I see a small dint??  Maybe circle  the issue or point to it

Yeah, we are all scared...

Who knows what the issues are, but we are trying to make sure they are mentioned, from what we know...

The issue with that metal part is it's expanding out, which from another picture it looks like the 2 ends weren't sealed prooperly together....

it seems to not be a worry, unless you're an OCD type like @madwolfa

Also, @madwolfa did you notice any smell on your 4 units?

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #7,564 of 15,268

Most people don't, and that is an extreme case. So don't worry about it -

I would say 4 pairs in a row isn't an "extreme case."

What it is, is a situation occurrence that probably happened with one batch, that ended up going to a supplier...

The issue is that WE ARE ALL, most likely, affected by this batch.... IF IN FACT YOU ORDERED FROM AMAZON.

ALSO IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THIS IS A WAREHOUSE BY WAREHOUSE ISSUE, AS EACH WAREHOUSE MIGHT GET IT'S OWN BATCH, BUT MOST LIKELY EVERYTHING IS SHIPPED TO AMAZON, AND THEN DISTRIBUTED TO WAREHOUSES.

^^^
  It would be interesting to know where exactly people are getting their stuff shipped from.  I do not want to know where people live, but I'm curious which Warehouse it's being sent from.  For instance, in this order I placed 2 days ago, I have 3 different warehouses shipping me stuff.....

Also, the same goes for "smell" or "ink bleeding."  The issue with ink bleeding happened over a year ago I believe,and I heard it was "corrected" by one or 2 people; however I believe I did hear it resurfacing, so people should be safe, and make sure they know what the issues are when they happen.

So far it seems like a lot of issues, for great sound.  If I get a smelly pair, I wont be happy though.

I'm not even sure if I should investigate the smell... how bad was it?  Could you smell it fresh from the box?  When it's on your head....?

Doesn't sound all that fun...

But we must hope we only have this aluminum issue, because I rather have that over leaky/smelling pads....

Even the cable issue is fixed.

As for warehouses....

@madwolfa if you could possibly share which warehouse you got yours from with this issue of the aluminum (was it all from the same warehouse/shipping location)?

and

@Mr Trev if you could also share which warehouse you got yours from, with the smell, it would be appreciated.

again, I'm not trying to find out where anyone lives, and the warehouses can be in many different states, so even if you live in the same state as it was shipped from, we wouldn't know that (unless you told us of course)...

All I want to see is if different warehouses might have different stock...  I wonder if serial numbers would be able to also help us?  I have a feeling they are all created in sequential order, but what stock Amazon picks out, and how many there are... are the question....

Maybe this is Amazon, maybe it's a certain warehouse, but maybe we can figure it all out?

FOR THOSE RECEIVING ORDERS - WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR BOX

When you get your package, and you are about to open it... Make sure you record it.

Recording will prove you are not lying about anything, and recording WILL save you time, and money, in case a company WILL NOT honor their return policy/warranty or whatnot.

Be safe all!  Hopefully you Never Need the recording, but it's there in case you do :)

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #7,567 of 15,268
  Also, @madwolfa did you notice any smell on your 4 units?

There's a bit of a smell, like from any new electronics.. but I generally wear my headphones on my head, not on my face...

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #7,568 of 15,268
  I'm not seeing it, I see a small dint??  Maybe circle  the issue or point to it

See that sliver of silver along the edge of an earcup? That's that circular aluminum trim that comes off slightly and bulges.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #7,569 of 15,268

There's a bit of a smell, like from any new electronics.. but I generally wear my headphones on my head, not on my face...

hmm... that's not problem then.   From what @Mr Trev and the other comment I saw mention talked about a really bad chemical smell.  The other review I believe mentioned he felt ill and had to go outside after wearing it for too long or being in the same room as it or some crap...

I'm assuming what you got was not the issue.

Honestly, if I smell something funk, I'll prob just send it back to Amazon...

Granted, I might have to wait for a new one, since they are "investigating their stock" now....  WE SHALL SEEE.... Merrick was good, and it seems others were,s o Trev might have been SOL :frowning2:.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #7,570 of 15,268
  I would say 4 pairs in a row isn't an "extreme case."

What it is, is a situation occurrence that probably happened with one batch, that ended up going to a supplier...

The issue is that WE ARE ALL, most likely, affected by this batch.... IF IN FACT YOU ORDERED FROM AMAZON.

ALSO IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THIS IS A WAREHOUSE BY WAREHOUSE ISSUE, AS EACH WAREHOUSE MIGHT GET IT'S OWN BATCH, BUT MOST LIKELY EVERYTHING IS SHIPPED TO AMAZON, AND THEN DISTRIBUTED TO WAREHOUSES.

^^^
  It would be interesting to know where exactly people are getting their stuff shipped from.  I do not want to know where people live, but I'm curious which Warehouse it's being sent from.  For instance, in this order I placed 2 days ago, I have 3 different warehouses shipping me stuff.....

Also, the same goes for "smell" or "ink bleeding."  The issue with ink bleeding happened over a year ago I believe,and I heard it was "corrected" by one or 2 people; however I believe I did hear it resurfacing, so people should be safe, and make sure they know what the issues are when they happen.

So far it seems like a lot of issues, for great sound.  If I get a smelly pair, I wont be happy though.

I'm not even sure if I should investigate the smell... how bad was it?  Could you smell it fresh from the box?  When it's on your head....?

Doesn't sound all that fun...

But we must hope we only have this aluminum issue, because I rather have that over leaky/smelling pads....

Even the cable issue is fixed.

As for warehouses....

@madwolfa if you could possibly share which warehouse you got yours from with this issue of the aluminum (was it all from the same warehouse/shipping location)?

and

@Mr Trev if you could also share which warehouse you got yours from, with the smell, it would be appreciated.

again, I'm not trying to find out where anyone lives, and the warehouses can be in many different states, so even if you live in the same state as it was shipped from, we wouldn't know that (unless you told us of course)...

All I want to see is if different warehouses might have different stock...  I wonder if serial numbers would be able to also help us?  I have a feeling they are all created in sequential order, but what stock Amazon picks out, and how many there are... are the question....

Maybe this is Amazon, maybe it's a certain warehouse, but maybe we can figure it all out?

FOR THOSE RECEIVING ORDERS - WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR BOX

When you get your package, and you are about to open it... Make sure you record it.

Recording will prove you are not lying about anything, and recording WILL save you time, and money, in case a company WILL NOT honor their return policy/warranty or whatnot.

Be safe all!  Hopefully you Never Need the recording, but it's there in case you do :)

As of right now, you're overreacting. You don't know why Amazon has suspended sales on these, and just because one member has gotten a defective pair, doesn't mean they are all defective.

Also, Amazon isn't ebay. There's no need to record yourself unboxing the headphones. They will believe you if you say they are defective.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #7,571 of 15,268
Smell...that's a new one to me, have not seen that mentioned yet, paint problems, ink bleed, iychy ear pads, the odd imbalance complaint have all been discussed in the last 6 months or so.

There is hope though; I have not had any problems with mine. Whilst admittedly they are an older set (May, Amazon.it) shows there are least some out there that have none of these complaints.

Even if some have bought from a bad batch it is Amazon, they may treat their staff like crap but they have a great returns policy!

Love my set, they are great all rounders and mainly sit next to my pc, gaming, music, film, have found all enjoyable. X2 is the set of headphones that has sucked me in to this hobby, lol.

Anyway gl and hope you all enjoy them:)

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #7,572 of 15,268
  As of right now, you're overreacting. You don't know why Amazon has suspended sales on these, and just because one member has gotten a defective pair, doesn't mean they are all defective.
Also, Amazon isn't ebay. There's no need to record yourself unboxing the headphones. They will believe you if you say they are defective.

Ya, it might take a while to get my perfect pair, but with Amazon's return policy I'll get there eventually... No reason to panic.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #7,573 of 15,268
Meanwhile, I'm glad Amazon's return period has been expanded for the holidays. I got my HE-400S today and the sound is very different than the X2, certainly different enough to justify keeping both. That being said, I'm curious to see if I end up gravitating towards one set or the other. That will tell me if I really should keep both or not.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #7,574 of 15,268
  I got my HE-400S today and the sound is very different than the X2, certainly different enough to justify keeping both. 

OK, I need more details. 
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #7,575 of 15,268
Man you guys all need to chill a little haha. You're all spending so much time worrying about little things that you will never be able to just enjoy the headphones!

I mean, unless there's a hardware malfunction that affects the headphone's ability to do what it is meant to do, just open them up, slip them on, turn on some tunes, and ENJOY! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back