Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 15, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #7,261 of 15,268
Darn all these awesome headphone sales lately. First the TH-X00... then the HE-400i for $299. I already have enough nice headphones but have always been interested in the X2 because people say what exceptional value it is for $300. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #7,262 of 15,268
  Darn all these awesome headphone sales lately. First the TH-X00... then the HE-400i for $299. I already have enough nice headphones but have always been interested in the X2 because people say what exceptional value it is for $300. 

Buy for 200, sell for 250$ if need be!

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #7,265 of 15,268

So is there any recommended soaps we should use for these earpads to wash the ink away?  I also heard the washing could agitate the ink out more too....  Should I just leave it...

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would think that's not a common occurrence. Ppl who don't have issues generally don't post.
But even I got sucked in and I took a damped cotton ball and rubbed the pad. Nada nothing..cotton ball looked white as ever before and after.

so yea reading all these new soon to be X2 owners paying $200 - yea I'm a bit jealous - just a bit haha.
Bought mine a month ago for $300. After 100 hrs in  I'd honestly think $300 is a steal for these HP's. 
Consider yourself lucky.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #7,266 of 15,268
  Btw does the X2 cable need to be replaced?

Only if you find it too long. This isn't like the X1 cable..they've fixed it with the X2.

edit: it does contribute to noise on the left cup if the cable is rubbed. it generally isn't a problem in my case as I dont normally move around too much when wearing them and have yet to notice it when the music is on - they're lounging/home hp's afterall. But I can see some might be bothered by it.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #7,268 of 15,268
  Btw does the X2 cable need to be replaced?

I got a replacement... People were saying that there could be noise or something in the stock...

And I get 10% cash back in rewards with my CC although I pay tax now on Amazon. Final price would be ~$192

Damn, I TOTALLY FORGOT about that.  One of my parent's cards have that, I could have saved like 60$... Tax was 37....  What a great price!

I guess I'll have to buy the rest of my computer parts with the card :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would think that's not a common occurrence. Ppl who don't have issues generally don't post.
But even I got sucked in and I took a damped cotton ball and rubbed the pad. Nada nothing..cotton ball looked white as ever before and after.

so yea reading all these new soon to be X2 owners paying $200 - yea I'm a bit jealous - just a bit haha.
Bought mine a month ago for $300. After 100 hrs in  I'd honestly think $300 is a steal for these HP's. 
Consider yourself lucky.

It was an issue for awhile...  

People said they contacted email about the price and were able to get it fixed, apparently if a sale happens within the 30 days, they can get a refund... You might get lucky even though you are out of the 30 day period...
  Literally every review and comment I've read about the X2 are all praise people love these headphones.... must..... resist....

Welcome to the dark side baby... Time to pull the trigger.... :)

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #7,269 of 15,268
I tried to ask the Amazon Chat guy if I could change my card for the 10%, and he said he would make sure it was applied to my account, so I said what?  it should be another card, and he said "don't worry, trust me, I got this..."

HAHHA I'm like w/e man.... forget it.  Totally didn't understand what I wanted...

Hopefully he still puts my order for the shipping protection of my hard drives :).  He told me I was a "Top priority."

That's right bitches, gimme the chedda.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #7,271 of 15,268
I'm confused by a few people stating that X2 is a V or U-shaped headphone. Just because it has proper bass and little bit of sparkle (due to slight 10k peak) on top doesn't make it V-shaped. I wonder if that could be explained by source/amplification differences. I find X2 very smooth and fatigue free with my Bifrost Multibit / Asgard 2 combo.

I'm only speaking in generalities. It is vaguely U or V shaped. The mids are there and detailed but they're a bit recessed with the bottom and top tuned just right. At least that's how it sounds to me. Now, I don't know if that is just the way a deep soundstage sounds or if they are tuned a specific way that's different than a flat signal but I would say the X2 is perfectly scooped. With the slight grain, I don't know if that's also due to how they're tuned as I suspect the PM3 would sound grainier if they didn't have the top-end rolled off. Or maybe I just haven't heard these totally buttery smooth highs that others are missing.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #7,272 of 15,268
Time to prepare with some new tunes....

Quote:
  Man, I know I'm going to be looking out the window all day tomorrow waiting for the delivery guy to show his face.

Got that next day huh? AHAHA

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #7,274 of 15,268
  Amazon Prime baby!

MY friend usually lets me use his, but pays for it and I pay him back... Lately he's been wanting me to put my CC on his account... Like uh no... hahaha....

So far I've spent about 30$ on shipping these past 2 orders... got more stuff coming soon, so Prime might have been worth it lol!

-----------------------------

Deal of the Day:$199.99 & FREE ShippingDetails
  Ends in 01h 36m 14s

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, IF YOU'RE ON THE FENCE, WE ONLY GOT 1.5 HOURS LEFT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back