Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 14, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #7,112 of 15,268
Pro tip - if you bought them off of Amazon like a week ago, they would refund you a difference. Just ping the chat support.

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #7,114 of 15,268
I think they will do it for the entire 30 day return period. At least, they have before.

Yeah, they're pretty flexible as far as keeping the customer happy. And yeah, it makes sense to refund rather than deal with returns.

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #7,115 of 15,268
I already got the Denon D2000 and i love the sound besides the hot treble (i use slight eq to solve most of it).
Are the X2 worth the hassle of selling the Denons,dealing with X2's shipping etc? how much of an improvement they'll be?

Yes, more than worth the hassle. You'll have better headphones, and money in your pocket (D2000 selling used for more than x2 new).
They will be a 12% improvement in balance and a 23% improvement in soundstage and imaging. 4% improvement in bass tightness.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #7,122 of 15,268
bought mine right now but still have to pay extra 100$ for shipping and import fees....:frowning2:

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #7,123 of 15,268
I bought all these different style and length cables (PS...they all seem pretty good quality and sound the same - please don't let the cable fanatics know):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R124LAK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTU51FQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DI89Z8E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

By the way, still searching for a very good interior molded case although the headphones basically hang off a long duct taped screw on the wall...and no ink on my wall, yet.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #7,124 of 15,268
I've wanted the X1's for a long time, didn't even realize X2's were available.

I pulled the trigger.

Now to make the decision between the Antlion Modmic 4 vs. the V-Moda Boompro.

Leaning towards the Modmic due to its aesthetics, which I feel matches the X2's.

If anyone has any input on mics, please chime in.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #7,125 of 15,268
So I think 'm going to grab this....  Is there anythign else I should grab?

I grabed this VMODA cable too...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYTR7NS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm curious if anyone has experience with the V MODA Boom mic/

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=pd_sim_23_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41WfbQw%2Bp8L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0D0KWWPE4XTFX5G7ZPGX

My old mic is attached to my broken headphones, so I figured I could replace them if these are any good...?

I'm still a little wary of the issues people comment on, and hopefully Amazon's stock isn't filled with issues which is why they are 100$ off....

Quote:
It's tricky really, the imbalance is. I said before that i feel like my pair has an imbalance and use sinesweep to see it, but turns out the sinesweep has the exact same imbalance on another headphone (though not as pronounce)

I came to the conclusion "okay, let's stick with songs to detect imbalance"
But then every song is different, some singers deliberately sing on one side, some is just straight imbalance from the start and x2 is that good to make it more pronounced compared to my hd558

So yeah...
The adapters are neglible, you can buy another for cheap (3,5 mm to 6,5 mm), the pad is also neglible. I own x2 from a year ago and no peeling alumunium and such.

For dac, it's taste really, i don't like the idea of pairing tube with x2. I'd rather go with something neutral, with low impedance of course since x2 is only 32 ohm

Imbalances and ink bleed were both something discussed a few months ago when I had mine and was posting more in this thread.  IIRC the imbalances were pretty rare and easily tested.  The ink bleed was also something that seemed more prevalent with earlier batches. (Also a fix for them if yours does have that issue)

I haven't heard the Aune myself, though I think another poster had that setup with his X2 and liked it.  I ran my X2 from my M&M Uber stack and liked it.  The thing about the X2 is that it is VERY easily driven and doesn't respond a huge amount to amping.  Something simple like a Schiit Fulla is plenty and considerably cheaper at $80.

Thanks for the info both of you.  So it's not something to worry about or...?  Imbalances are no bueno for me, and I notice that ****...

I'm not sure what "Adapters" we are referring too though?

Thanks for the info on Amp/Dacs... Will have to look more into it I guess!

Pro tip - if you bought them off of Amazon like a week ago, they would refund you a difference. Just ping the chat support.

Are you sure?  For a daily deal like this I donb't feel that will be the case....  Maybe if the price changed randomly....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back