Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 30, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #6,872 of 15,268
I like my Philips X2 alot . It's my first headphones .
It's sound amazing for gaming and watching movies.
I'm searhing for good in ear sound like philips x2 ?
Budget is no problem . help !

The closest IEM I've heard is the Yamaha EPH 100, but with a few caveats. One, it's a little bassier. Two, some have complained of build quality issues. Third, it's very difficult to get aftermarket tips that fit.

Other than that, it's Still a great, comfortable, well isolating IEM for about $100. Just be sure you purchase from a good retailer, as there were some counterfeit ones on the market.

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #6,873 of 15,268

I have the 598s as well as the x2s.  I'd say yes, the HD598s are a nice companion to the x2s.  It's just that the x2s are a superior all-rounder in every way.  

I own both as well, and I agree completely.

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #6,874 of 15,268
  They need some amount of burn-in like 40 hours or so. After that the bass and mids tighten up while the treble smooths out a bit. It sounds more balanced overall.

I haven't had any change whatsoever in the sound from my X2 after 40 hours, nor have any of my other headphones ever exhibited such a change from "burn-in." It's a placebo effect, if anything.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #6,876 of 15,268
Hey guys, I have the fidelio x2 and I am looking for a soundcard or DAC/AMP. Some guys have recommended the Fiio E10K but some people say that the highs get to sharp/bright and that it can become fatiguing. This kind of discourages me from the E10k because I am quite sensitive to highs.

So what do you guys recommend? I mostly just play games and listen to hiphop, dont know if this matters when you are talking about soundcards though.

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #6,877 of 15,268
  Hey guys, I have the fidelio x2 and I am looking for a soundcard or DAC/AMP. Some guys have recommended the Fiio E10K but some people say that the highs get to sharp/bright and that it can become fatiguing. This kind of discourages me from the E10k because I am quite sensitive to highs.

So what do you guys recommend? I mostly just play games and listen to hiphop, dont know if this matters when you are talking about soundcards though.

Chord Mojo is great if you can afford to pay more.

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #6,878 of 15,268
Usually my headphones come and go. When I have a new one, I barely used the older phones. However, its different with the X2. Many headphones came after i got it but i keep coming back to it. I am not a seasoned audiophile yet but I think it is the most basic sound signature that I want to go back after I heard the phones with unique signature like DT990, etc. This headphone is really in the league of legends like HD6XX. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #6,879 of 15,268

Naah, it is quite over my budget, I dont feel like spending more then maybe 180 dollars or something. I can't seem to find the Mojo in any Swedish stores aswell.

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #6,880 of 15,268
  Naah, it is quite over my budget, I dont feel like spending more then maybe 180 dollars or something. I can't seem to find the Mojo in any Swedish stores aswell.

I really enjoy the X2's through the DACport Slim, could be an alternative:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/centrance-dacport-slim-amp-dac-combo

Check my signature for review :wink:

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #6,882 of 15,268

Hej! I'm running my x2s from an audioquest dragonfly v1.2 and compared to my motherboards integrated soundcard it sounds amazing! It's easy to find in Sweden too. No harsh treble, just the pleasant sound I expected from the x2s after reading all the reviews. The dragonfly will not push any hard to drive headphones to their full potential but for the x2s it's more than enough.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #6,883 of 15,268
It's finally time to lose my head-fi virginity and also join the world of high fidelity, after years of using standard headsets and poor quality stuff, I finally bought the Fidelio X2 + O2ODAC combo today and listening to some 24bit flac trance.. Oh boy has my world changed !

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #6,884 of 15,268
It's finally time to lose my head-fi virginity and also join the world of high fidelity, after years of using standard headsets and poor quality stuff, I finally bought the Fidelio X2 + O2ODAC combo today and listening to some 24bit flac trance.. Oh boy has my world changed !

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet ! :wink:

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #6,885 of 15,268
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry for your wallet !
wink.gif

Thank you ! I have a bad feeling that my wallet will suffer even more in the future due to having a bad habit of really throwing money at the screen whenever I start a new "hobby"... Just recovered from vaping addiction that cost me thousands and thousands in a year and now I found hi-fi..
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back