Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 15, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #6,601 of 15,268
  How do the HD 700's compare with the Fidelio X2's? I am considering both of these headphones but I have only enough money for one of the two. I like detail and excitement. Which does better in this regard?

I used to own the HD700 - probably one of the most comfortable headphones ever made.
In direct comparison to the X2´s it´s just no fun to listen to these cans.
Yes, they have a really good soundstage, resolution etc etc..as X2s have...but then again, they sound thin and lifeless compared to X2´s.
The Sound of Voices (Music & Movies), the punch of Bassdrums, the whole listening expierence - all better with X2. For me , it was a nobrainer to give away the HD700.

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #6,602 of 15,268
Some people prefer X2s over LCD2 though. Also some others prefer HD600 over HD800. So all stories and preferences are very much personal things.

Yep. I went from LCD-2 to X2 and not looking back.

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #6,603 of 15,268
I think the X2s are more exciting in terms of bass punch and dynamics. They're also pretty detailed, almost as much as the HD700s. Of course the HD700s have those treble spikes which make them sound seemingly more detailed at the expense of a coherent sound.

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #6,605 of 15,268
I know this might be stupid to say/ask but im recently traveling to another country for 2 months. Since 6 month im thinking about starting Music production like Chill and Tropical House.
Now i just need your advice, since im traveling (because of my f### Job) i cant bring Studio monitors with me, so i need to get some Good headphones.
At first i was like you need to get Over ear Headphones but right now im thinking about getting Open back Headphones cause when i compare Over ear HP to OB HP, the Open Back HP seem to be more likely like Studio monitors. Dont know if you understand me but thats my point. 

So i just ordered the X2 and i dont know if this was a good decision or not. In 2 month when im back at home i want to game in these hp. Could this be a problem? Do i need anything else, when i want to play Playstation 4 with the X2 or can i just plug them in and it will work.

And also i ordered the Audio Technica MSR7 to have a listen to this too. Would you suggest me something totally diffrent? Im more likely a person who wants to be "one with the music" and i think this is totally different with Open back HP. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #6,607 of 15,268
  Uberclocked was, I believe, referring to the controversial treble spikes in the HD 700, the spikes Purrin and Co. made positively sure all of us were informed would make us nauseous and kill us... not. XD

Which of the two has better detail and excitement: the HD 700 or the X2? 

This ultimately comes down to one question:  Do you want bass?
Also, by excitement, do you mean a fun signature or just bright?
Anyways, maybe watching this may help?

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #6,610 of 15,268
  Did the X2 finally graduate out of the problems it was having? Namely:

1. Ink bleed (did the mystical gray pads ever come out?)

2. Allergic reactions to whatever the ear pad material was made of or the ink itself. 

Are extra pads available for purchase yet?

I never had ANY issues mentioned in this thread.

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #6,611 of 15,268
Nov 15, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #6,613 of 15,268
  I know this might be stupid to say/ask but im recently traveling to another country for 2 months. Since 6 month im thinking about starting Music production like Chill and Tropical House.
Now i just need your advice, since im traveling (because of my f### Job) i cant bring Studio monitors with me, so i need to get some Good headphones.
At first i was like you need to get Over ear Headphones but right now im thinking about getting Open back Headphones cause when i compare Over ear HP to OB HP, the Open Back HP seem to be more likely like Studio monitors. Dont know if you understand me but thats my point. 

So i just ordered the X2 and i dont know if this was a good decision or not. In 2 month when im back at home i want to game in these hp. Could this be a problem? Do i need anything else, when i want to play Playstation 4 with the X2 or can i just plug them in and it will work.

And also i ordered the Audio Technica MSR7 to have a listen to this too. Would you suggest me something totally diffrent? Im more likely a person who wants to be "one with the music" and i think this is totally different with Open back HP. 

I would definitely try HD600. I know many pros use them for recording. HD600 sounds more neutral and accurate than X2 and MSR7. If you can afford it, HD800 is probably the ultimate headphone for audio pros, because it's extremely revealing and accurate. I know at least a few pros who rave about HD800 and some even prefer them to high end studio monitor speakers. If HD800 is too costly for you, I think HD600 may be the next best thing. There are other pretty neutral headphones out there, but I personally haven't heard a more accurate and transparent headphones than HD600 and HD800 yet and I tried quite a few from Beyerdynamic DT880 and T1 to LCD-2, HE-500, HE-6, K702, Q701, K612 and others. Those are all good in one way or another, but I think the HD600 and HD800 are just the most accurate overall.

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #6,614 of 15,268
My HD600 shined with audiophile quality records - jazz, vocal, acoustic, classic rock. But not so much with anything else like metal or EDM. Suffice to say my musical tastes expanded alot since I sold my pair few years ago...

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #6,615 of 15,268
HD600's don't have that much energy for music. I find the HD600's to be perfect for vocal content. Audio recordings, ect. Possibly Jazz and Piano sure. Anything else, the X2's are better at it imo. The X2's paired with the SHP9500's are great. Just need a closed headphone similar to the two sound wise. All three of these sound similar so that's a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back