Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #6,556 of 15,268

Depends mostly on how they make, and apply it. If it's made from pree-glued sheets with a stamping press, and ready for application, then i would call it a sticker. Thats how the aluminum foil stickers for the X2 is made, no doubt.

From looking at my pair, i would say the sliver of silver was growing, from about 2cm when i first saw the post on it, and actually checked my set for it, to 5-6 by the time i packed it up and shipped it back to the retailer. On the right cup i didn't see anything when i checked it after the post made me look, but when i packed it up for shipping there was a 1.5-2cm starter right behind where the headband passes over. Not sure what would cause it, but it's a problem with anything from the size and shape of the sticker, to the strength, or application of the glue. I'm sure Phillips are aware of the problem,  and will, if they haven't already, fix it. It's just a shame it was there in the first place.
B!

5-6 cm bulge or mm?
Or do you mean the length of the bulge, not the height?

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #6,558 of 15,268
I am anxiuosly awaiting the market introduction of the Onkyo DP-X1 DAP as of nov. 20.
This DAP boasts some convincing specs en pedigree.
Unfortunately sound impressions are rare and tainted by noisy environments etc.
What is interesting is that apart from a Single Ended 3.5mm headphone jack, there is also
a 2.5mm Balanced headphone jack.
Onkyo is also introducing a range of headphones and iems optimised for this DAP,
designed and manufactured by Philips and all are balanced ready.
Some very nice looking cans these are!

So my question is really, would a balanced mod work for the X2's?
Would that improve upon the already great sound?

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #6,559 of 15,268
I am anxiuosly awaiting the market introduction of the Onkyo DP-X1 DAP as of nov. 20.
This DAP boasts some convincing specs en pedigree.
Unfortunately sound impressions are rare and tainted by noisy environments etc.
What is interesting is that apart from a Single Ended 3.5mm headphone jack, there is also
a 2.5mm Balanced headphone jack.
Onkyo is also introducing a range of headphones and iems optimised for this DAP,
designed and manufactured by Philips and all are balanced ready.
Some very nice looking cans these are!

So my question is really, would a balanced mod work for the X2's?
Would that improve upon the already great sound?

It may need recabling, I guess. Not sure about the internal cable configuration though...

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #6,560 of 15,268
I wouldn't bother.

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #6,561 of 15,268
You mean to say balancing is not worth the effort?

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #6,562 of 15,268
  You mean to say balancing is not worth the effort?

Can of worms can't wait to be opened. 
wink.gif

I'll pass on this one.

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #6,563 of 15,268
Is balancing such a complicated job?
I am a complete noob on the subject 
blink.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #6,564 of 15,268
Is balancing such a complicated job?
I am a complete noob on the subject  :blink:

Depends on what you're trying it on. In case of X2, it will need a lot of hassle as it is single ended, which means, All those L,R,Ground wires are assembled inside in a formation ; L & one end of Ground ends in Left cup, another end of the Ground & R go to the Right cup via the metal bars. Both ground wires sum together to form a single wire that, along with L & R are connected to the jack (That's what I can assume)

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #6,566 of 15,268
Hi
R70X or Philips X2 or HD650 or...?
Which has the best sound?

Under $ 300
 amp/dac Fiio e10k

A wild guess would be the one you like the most :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back