Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 20, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #5,986 of 15,268
Uberclocked, +1
I have nothing to complain about regarding the comfort. While the headband may not bet the most stylish or best looking out there it certainly is comfortable and very well suited for most head shapes.

I love the sound out of my pair, it's a really fun listen. The highs can sometimes be a tad grainy or on the border to harsh, but that is compared to a pair of Audeze LCD-2 pre fazor. The X2's surely give the LCD's a run for it's money!

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #5,987 of 15,268
So I have had these for a while now...
One of the more comfortable headphones I have had and even then after long periods it is not quite as comfortable as I would want to, which is sad, but what can you do? Might be the weight of them, cause they are DAMN heavy.

As for sound...
The only thing really that I have issue with is the highs Why U no sound right!!! :xf_mad: They sound kind like speakers at times, which is not the worst thing in the world, but I have speakers and I don't want my headphones to sound like speakers...My speakers can do pretty good job at that themselfs and then again could be the recordings. :D
I'm not a well spoken guy so I can not exactly describe what it is that bugs me, or for that matter even have a clue to begin with. But I know it is there!

Anyways kinda curious for Grados, LCD's and I was kinda curious about HE-400i But I keep hearing that they are somewhat Neutral which I don't really like or dislike...Just makes me go "it's sound alright, but it doesn't impress me". Now something more Natural is more like it, true Allaround is the keyword here, As I listen to a wide range of music genres.
Got any clue on what should I look at?
Natural allarounders sounds a bit strange...I am a strong believer that headphones should have a bit more bass then some, but then again might be just me...I do own a pair of speakers that can shake the house so yeah...

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #5,988 of 15,268
Anyways kinda curious for Grados, LCD's and I was kinda curious about HE-400i But I keep hearing that they are somewhat Neutral which I don't really like or dislike...Just makes me go "it's sound alright, but it doesn't impress me". Now something more Natural is more like it, true Allaround is the keyword here, As I listen to a wide range of music genres.
Got any clue on what should I look at?
Natural allarounders sounds a bit strange...I am a strong believer that headphones should have a bit more bass then some, but then again might be just me...I do own a pair of speakers that can shake the house so yeah...

you should try the 400i.
neutral, great bass, detailed, good seperation and treble that isnt shrilling at all.
can do many genres well.

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #5,990 of 15,268
:atsmile:
My uncle just ordered these from amazon, for me :D
Right now, amazon is directly selling them(no resellers ! ^_^ )
However, for some reason, he didn't recieve the 4% discount :/

He'll recieve them next month & will probably bring them to me when he comes ! (It may take another month or two -_- ...I'll just have to wait arggg)

Thanks to everyone for your help so far... :)
I'm just too damn excited :D

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #5,991 of 15,268
atsmile.gif

My uncle just ordered these from amazon, for me
biggrin.gif

Right now, amazon is directly selling them(no resellers ! ^_^ )
However, for some reason, he didn't recieve the 4% discount :/

He'll recieve them next month & will probably bring them to me when he comes ! (It may take another month or two -_- ...I'll just have to wait arggg)

Thanks to everyone for your help so far...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm just too damn excited
biggrin.gif

I would be just as excited as you. the X2's are some of the best open-back headphones on the market right now

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5,993 of 15,268
Today is my dad's birthday. Put my X2 on his ears. He's blowed away and re-listening his favorites songs. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #5,995 of 15,268
for a while now, i've been thinking about putting these dark red pleather pads-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGMY2VK/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00HXAV0UY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0K8P01WTPM62HSBTVTWN

along with this grey knitted headband sleeve-
http://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Replacement-Protector/dp/B00L61YYXQ/ref=pd_sim_23_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KRGS01FEYKWVDC7TMPY

both on my X2's. the goal is to have a black/grey/red color scheme going on that will not dramatically affect the current sound signature.

does anyone have experience with either of these?

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #5,996 of 15,268
for a while now, i've been thinking about putting these dark red pleather pads-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGMY2VK/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687642&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00HXAV0UY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0K8P01WTPM62HSBTVTWN

along with this grey knitted headband sleeve-
http://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Sennheiser-Audio-Technica-Replacement-Protector/dp/B00L61YYXQ/ref=pd_sim_23_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KRGS01FEYKWVDC7TMPY

both on my X2's. the goal is to have a black/grey/red color scheme going on that will not dramatically affect the current sound signature.

does anyone have experience with either of these?

I've got the pads but I use them on my Takstar Pro80's, Ultrasone DJ1 and Fostex T50RP. The HM5 pads are universally praised for being very comfortable.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #5,997 of 15,268
Just got a pair of the x2's today. Bought them used(about 120 hours). Looks brand new.
Bought these to replace my old DT880 pro 250ohm for home use. So far i am very pleased.

Pairing well with Creative E5.

Would these benefit from a better cable or other mods?

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #5,998 of 15,268
  Just got a pair of the x2's today. Bought them used(about 120 hours). Looks brand new.
Bought these to replace my old DT880 pro 250ohm for home use. So far i am very pleased.

Pairing well with Creative E5.

Would these benefit from a better cable or other mods?

No.
There are a few if you feel they aren't comfortable, though.

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #5,999 of 15,268
Ok, i really like that comes with them. Why can't everybody make cables like this. 
It's so weird to have open headphones with the amount of sounds that come in from the outside on low volumes. No used to to this since i use SE535 & B&O H6 also.

I'm wondering if the balance is a little off on the pair i got. Sometimes it's as if there is more sound on the left side. Could just be my ears today.

I was planning to buy the Beyer T90 but they were killing my ears with the treble, x2 is more to my liking in that aerea.

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #6,000 of 15,268
  Ok, i really like that comes with them. Why can't everybody make cables like this. 
It's so weird to have open headphones with the amount of sounds that come in from the outside on low volumes. No used to to this since i use SE535 & B&O H6 also.

I'm wondering if the balance is a little off on the pair i got. Sometimes it's as if there is more sound on the left side. Could just be my ears today.

I was planning to buy the Beyer T90 but they were killing my ears with the treble, x2 is more to my liking in that aerea.

How does the SE535 compare?

Anyways, a few pages back there was some talk on channel imbalance, here's a few links to some posts that might help you determine if yours have imbalance:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/5820#post_11903268
http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/3150#post_11301209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back