Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #5,926 of 15,268
  Be sure to check if it's the cable. I think my first one had an imbalance due to the cable. Also as crazy as it sounds, I think thicker pads helped to balance these out. Things sound center now. 

What do you mean cable sir? Maybe the cable damaged? Or change or buy an aftermarket cable? Well i dont have extra 3.5mm cable male to male....

My cable was fine but the adapter included created a massive channel imbalance, I was one click away from an Amazon RMA when I tried the straight 3.5mm cable sans adapter.  Everything was spot on, then I tried one of several adapters I have laying around and again the imbalance was gone.

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #5,928 of 15,268
  Thinking about getting Philips X2 for gaming, is the x3 really coming now? (this fall), if not when?, should i buy it now?

Where'd you hear about the X3?

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #5,929 of 15,268
Yeah I've heard nothing reliable on an "X3" and you will usually see the item drop to clearance prices when a new model is on the horizon.  Given how much they got right with the X2 I don't see where they can really improve unless they take the pricing up another notch.  The X1 had an atrocious cable and non-replaceable earpads, this is why you quickly saw the second model.  People haven't really complained about much on the X2 so I don't see Phillips rushing a new product to market.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #5,930 of 15,268
My cable was fine but the adapter included created a massive channel imbalance, I was one click away from an Amazon RMA when I tried the straight 3.5mm cable sans adapter.  Everything was spot on, then I tried one of several adapters I have laying around and again the imbalance was gone.

Thanks sir but i already got my second(replacement) x2 so far so good its centered now....

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #5,931 of 15,268
I measured the resistance on my stock X2 cable and i got 1.1-1.4 ohms of resistance depending on the section tested. I purchased a mediabridge 4' cable and got a measurement of .7-1ohm.

I do notice an increase in sound quality and it sounds more like I was hoping it would. I thought the stock cable had a resistance of .7-.8 ohms.

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #5,932 of 15,268
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
  Thinking about getting Philips X2 for gaming, is the x3 really coming now? (this fall), if not when?, should i buy it now?

If you are up to date with what you heard go for it !!

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #5,934 of 15,268
I have a Question about fake x2. How do they copy the sound quality of x2? i heard even a sennheiser there is a lot of fake in the market....

>.<
They don't.  A fake is going to sound worse than the genuine article, and I have never seen a counterfeit X1/X2 anywhere.  I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #5,935 of 15,268
Heh. Switched from a Focusrite 2i2 to my Denon AVR-E300. Both not ideal for headphones, but man does the bass get fuller with the AVR. I need to buy a dedicated amp/dac. Aune X1S is on my mind but the output impedance...

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #5,937 of 15,268
  Someone mod the Beyerdynamic grey pads onto the X2's. I'll give you a hug. 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/1410
I've had this bookmarked for soooo long.
Check the previous page as well for some more pictures.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #5,938 of 15,268
hello guys i need some kind of help 

i am noob guys new in headphone world usually i buy iem and now i bought a set of fidelio x2 and i am reading here in head fi that hm5 over the ear pads is good at this headphone so i decide to bought 1 and here i came i can't even remove the original pads afraid breaking my headphone

is there any kind of tutors or video how to remove pads of fidelio x2 and place this hm5 velour pads on it ? please help me thank you very much before !! 

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #5,940 of 15,268
  Someone mod the Beyerdynamic grey pads onto the X2's. I'll give you a hug. 
biggrin.gif

All we need is someone to take the plastic ring out of the X2 pads, model it up and make some 3D printed copies. Then you could slide them into just about any pad and mount them to the X2 the same way the original pads do. Anyone here with a 3D printer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back