Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #5,912 of 15,268
  Make you wonder how many other X2s are that way. I'm still trying to stretch my HM5s to fit.  

I just put HM5 velour pads on my X2s and it's the most comfortable thing ever, makes using them way more enjoyable than stock pads. I made a pretty detailed post about em a couple pages back. Take your time, stretch em slowly. I rushed it and the elastic on one of mine broke, giving it a slightly looser grip to the ear cups. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #5,915 of 15,268
Sep 14, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #5,916 of 15,268
I looked at the bottom of the box and turns out I have the X2/00 not the X2/27 no wonder there were some minor packaging differences. I am slightly curious aren't the x2/27 and x2/00 both made in China? I've read about the X2/00 and have heard the only reason for a different model number is that they are sold in a different market but, both look and sound the same. Sorry for all these questions just want to make sure I'm getting everything straight.

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #5,917 of 15,268
I looked at the bottom of the box and turns out I have the X2/00 not the X2/27 no wonder there were some minor packaging differences. I am slightly curious aren't the x2/27 and x2/00 both made in China? I've read about the X2/00 and have heard the only reason for a different model number is that they are sold in a different market but, both look and sound the same. Sorry for all these questions just want to make sure I'm getting everything straight.

Thanks!

There are number issues too ? -__-

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #5,918 of 15,268

Thanks!

Yes that is correct. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Now, sit back, relax and enjoy your headhphones 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #5,919 of 15,268
I just put HM5 velour pads on my X2s and it's the most comfortable thing ever, makes using them way more enjoyable than stock pads. I made a pretty detailed post about em a couple pages back. Take your time, stretch em slowly. I rushed it and the elastic on one of mine broke, giving it a slightly looser grip to the ear cups. 
what's better... the velour or the pleather, and how easy are these to fit?

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #5,921 of 15,268
what's better... the velour or the pleather, and how easy are these to fit?

I've never used the pleather for my X2's , but these velour hm5 pads have made these cans a bajillion times comfier. They fit, but are tight. Go very slow and take your time. Pre-stretching would probably help too. They will also cover the headphone jack a bit, but not a big deal you can just push the material out the way. The pads soften the bass just a tiny bit, but it's definitely worth the comfort trade off, it's not all that noticeable to me. 

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #5,924 of 15,268
Be sure to check if it's the cable. I think my first one had an imbalance due to the cable. Also as crazy as it sounds, I think thicker pads helped to balance these out. Things sound center now. 

What do you mean cable sir? Maybe the cable damaged? Or change or buy an aftermarket cable? Well i dont have extra 3.5mm cable male to male....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back