Philips Fidelio X2?!
Sep 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #5,896 of 15,268
  Buy them directly from Amazon not any of the Amazon re-sellers.

Thanks for your prompt reply 
smily_headphones1.gif

However, can you please explain "directly from amazon" ?

Only resellers available atm, but if it's fulfilled by Amazon, it should be good.

EDIT:

I have this exact same thing with my X2's. I'm curious if they could be fakes, I ordered from a place called DB Deals on Amazon which had the order fullfilled via Amazon.

The earpads came lightly glued on the pins and the box says "Hi-Res Audio on the upper right corner of the box." The headphones sound alright, but it bugs me to think I might have a fake one. When I remove the right ear cup I see what looks like a serial number sticker on the headphone, it reads PY1A1....  In addition the clamping force doesn't seem to bad. My ATH-M50's seem to have a heavier clamping force.

What is everyones consensus on this issue?

The X1 pads came glued and they were basically the same as the X2 pads.  Other members have reported their pads glued as well.  Keep in mind that there's a US and European model, and they might be manufactured slightly differently.  Phillips could've also revised the manufacturing process sometime after the initial X2 release, which could explain why some X2s have glue and some don't.  

Clamping pressure shouldn't be as bad as the M50s unless you applied the stretch mod to the M50's band.  

There are Hi-Res audio stickers on some boxes, absent on others.

(Kheos' picture, not mine)

Here's a photo of the serial sticker (from Neowin):

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #5,900 of 15,268
  Nice graphs. Much nicer than the ones you posted in the Nighthawk thread.

yes! no contest in terms of linearity. 
but of course, Skylark would say otherwise. 
and frankly, let's see who is right, him or most of the headphones industry.
I auditioned Nighthawk today again, that was 5th time and the owner of the headphones shop started to recognize me.
well, Nighthawk has some merits but I still prefer fidelio x1, x2, and hd650....

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #5,901 of 15,268

yes! no contest in terms of linearity. 
but of course, Skylark would say otherwise. 
and frankly, let's see who is right, him or most of the headphones industry.
I auditioned Nighthawk today again, that was 5th time and the owner of the headphones shop started to recognize me.
well, Nighthawk has some merits but I still prefer fidelio x1, x2, and hd650....

Me too. No doubt about it.

Sep 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #5,904 of 15,268

Strange, my X2 has the serial # sticker hidden on the plastic holding the driver, accessible by removing the 4 screws and lifting off the plastic piece.  

Where'd you buy it?  I don't believe there are any fake X2s out, and again, there's a European and US model.  The X2 also might've had its manufacturing process changed up after its release.  I wouldn't worry about it unless you got them from a very shady source.
  That can't be good..

What's with your paranoia?

Sep 13, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #5,905 of 15,268
  Where'd you buy it?  I don't believe there are any fake X2s out, and again, there's a European and US model.  The X2 also might've had its manufacturing process changed up after its release.  I wouldn't worry about it unless you got them from a very shady source.

Through official amazon, got it about a month ago. Actually had to get one replaced for an issue my 1st one was having, both of them had the serial under the cup after you take the screws out. Could be a difference between US and European model. Mine also doesn't say 'hi res audio' on the box. 

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #5,907 of 15,268

Lol, far from paranoid.  I don't buy from Amazon re-sellers and never will. That's how you end up with glued pads and serial numbers where they don't belong silly boy.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #5,909 of 15,268
Is the wire clip supposed to be made of plastic?

Yes.
  I have a 10ft OFC stereo cable that I use with my X2s; would a 6ft cable have better sound quality? 

No, not unless your 10ft cable is broken.

Through official amazon, got it about a month ago. Actually had to get one replaced for an issue my 1st one was having, both of them had the serial under the cup after you take the screws out. Could be a difference between US and European model. Mine also doesn't say 'hi res audio' on the box. 

Yup, then it's probably a different iteration.

Lol, far from paranoid.  I don't buy from Amazon re-sellers and never will. That's how you end up with glued pads and serial numbers where they don't belong silly boy.

Then you're missing out on lots of great deals.  Also, I'm pretty sure the glued pads and serial numbers are intentional.

It's about time someone noticed, thanks, although I identify as an Apache attack helicopter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back