Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #4,322 of 15,268
Yes this is true. I tried the last spots on my desk with some dishwasher soap and the "rough"side of a sponge and that worked too. *facepalm*
Just soaked and washed the pads in the sink with some laundry detergent (colour)

Such soft hands

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #4,323 of 15,268
Such soft hands

Uh thanks?
smile.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #4,324 of 15,268
I think I'm a lucky guy. Although my package came unsealed, no ink problem, no imbalance problem.. so sad for you and your cancer cans 

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #4,325 of 15,268
  I think I'm a lucky guy. Although my package came unsealed, no ink problem, no imbalance problem.. so sad for you and your cancer cans

Welcome to the non-vocal majority.  It's good when folks identify issues and solutions, but understanding the true magnitude and risks from internet forums is all but impossible.  A fun exercise before buying a car....find a couple of the major forums that discuss a model you are interested and see if there are any major issues....you start to wonder how any cars are still on the road :)

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #4,326 of 15,268
Raising issues is what leads to finding solutions we all benefit from. In my participation in this discussion I have been very careful not to state anything as fact that wasnt and to state things that could be concerns not being alarmist. Its when people start making straw man overreaction posts about Ebola and other silly remarks and calling people's concerns "ridiculous" that it creates a non-helpful non-constructive atmosphere.

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #4,327 of 15,268
My left cup had a bit more bass and volume than the right cup. I tried to tamper a bit with the headband to make the right cup push harder against my head. The two cups now are very balanced. For anyone who has channel imbalanaces, try squeezing the headband to make more seal in either cup. The more seal it has, the more bass n volume it will have in my experience.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #4,328 of 15,268
Hi All,

I've got problem my ear pads, they won't stick too firmly and sometimes fall off.
Are the grabbing pins suppose to be at slight angle?

I would greatly appreciate photo of headphones grabbing pins and pads holes, so I can
see if mine have a physical problem or this is a faulty set.
Thanks

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #4,329 of 15,268
  Hi All,

I've got problem my ear pads, they won't stick too firmly and sometimes fall off.
Are the grabbing pins suppose to be at slight angle?

I would greatly appreciate photo of headphones grabbing pins and pads holes, so I can
see if mine have a physical problem or this is a faulty set.
Thanks

Take a look at the pics on Baycode's review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/729413/philips-fidelio-x2-a-review-by-baycode 

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #4,330 of 15,268
  Take a look at the pics on Baycode's review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/729413/philips-fidelio-x2-a-review-by-baycode 

Thanks. The pins seems to be perfect straight. While holes on aligning of yellow end bit to hole surroundings seems little bit off.
This is exactly same as my set, yet they won't stick.

Can you hear of feel any click/snap sound when you put pads on?

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #4,331 of 15,268
  Thanks. The pins seems to be perfect straight. While holes on aligning of yellow end bit to hole surroundings seems little bit off.
This is exactly same as my set, yet they won't stick.

Can you hear of feel any click/snap sound when you put pads on?

Sort of once the fourth peg locks in, there's a small click sound, and after that it's sturdy.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #4,333 of 15,268
I just ordered me a pair of red velour HM5 pads for my X2.

Here's the catch.. I don't have an X2 yet. (nor any compatible headphones)

I guess I've been following this thread so much that I felt upset about the ink spots that I will someday have

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4,335 of 15,268
Finally was able to put a couple of hours on my new cans last night. I just want to thank whoever returned these to Amazon because, as far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with them. They definitely have a different sound then my HD595's. Going to need a little more time to elaborate further, but if anyone wants my impressions on the difference between the two, I will be happy to share.

Hawk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back