Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 18, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #2,461 of 15,268
Jan 18, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #2,463 of 15,268

One day, there might be. But Jason said there won't be a new sequel product for any of the existing lineup in 2015. There will be four new products, one of which is the new flagship DAC.

So there's still hope?
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))<click p10x

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #2,465 of 15,268
It's settled, then. I will order a Fidelio X2 this week and wait a little for the Vali. I'll use my E10K as DAC, since they do not change much the sound in low/mid-end gear. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #2,466 of 15,268
This is probably a dumb question to ask but, if I had the volume on my iPod turned up all the way for a song or two, would that damage the drivers? The reason I ask is I lent my brother my headphones and while he was listening to a song he wanted me to hear it and when he put the headphones on my head I noticed that the volume was turned up all the way on my iPod Touch 5g. I unplugged the headphone immediately. I didn't notice any distortion then or even now, but still I am worried that the drivers might be damaged, even if it's just a little bit...

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #2,468 of 15,268
  I admire HD800 for what it is. A technically amazing headphone and a marvel of German engineering. But I prefer X2 over it. X2 is so much more musical and enjoyable that it makes me lost in the music. I understand why many people would prefer HD800, but to me enjoying music is more important. No headphone makes me dance like X2 does. It's like a modern HD650. :)

In car terms, HD800 is a Rolls Royce. You feel like a boss in it. Fidelio X2 is BMW M4. You have a hot Russian model next to you and you're driving on the roads of French Riviera by the lovely Mediterranean coast. And it's so much more fun to drive than the Rolls Royce.

I think Hal X's impressions are spot on. You should write a full review mate. 
wink.gif

Couldnt agree more... When I put these on.. it brings a huge smile on my face
gs1000.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #2,469 of 15,268

Meridian Explorer2 I'm using is musical and neutral. It has Meridian's high-end gear tech inside and sounds more pleasing to me than more expensive and bigger dac/amps. I prefer it to the Chord Hugo I had, for low impedance headphones (Hugo had much more power for high impedance headphones). It might sound like a joke to some people but I prefer Explorer2's relaxed and smooth sound to Hugo's fatiguing, lean and bright sound.

Is it possible to use Meridian Explorer 2 with apple CCK or android OTG? I looked into their website and it doesn't look like it could be used with smart devices but just wanted to chck if anyone tried yet

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #2,470 of 15,268
When i listen to these for an hour or so, my left ear starts to feel congested and then it hurts. It feels heavy and also feels like it wants to get blocked. I stopped using them for three days and used other headphones. The problem went away, when i listened to these for one hour yesterday, the problem came back. I lent these to my sister for the night without telling her whats wrong. She listened to it, she loved it, however she reported that her left ear hurts and that it seems congested.
I tried to check for channel imbalance, but i couldnt tell a difference, both cups seem to produce the same volume.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #2,471 of 15,268
The X2 sounds sooooo damn good off the Vali. Seriously, once you get past the Vali's noise floor (inaudible when you're actually listening to music), the X2 sounds amazing off it.

I can totally understand why people still love the Vali even with it's imperfections. I've gone from $100-$600 amps, and all in between, yet the Vali is my FAVORITE.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #2,472 of 15,268
When i listen to these for an hour or so, my left ear starts to feel congested and then it hurts. It feels heavy and also feels like it wants to get blocked. I stopped using them for three days and used other headphones. The problem went away, when i listened to these for one hour yesterday, the problem came back. I lent these to my sister for the night without telling her whats wrong. She listened to it, she loved it, however she reported that her left ear hurts and that it seems congested.
I tried to check for channel imbalance, but i couldnt tell a difference, both cups seem to produce the same volume.
Not being critical...but I am beginning to think that these are not the right cans for you.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #2,474 of 15,268
Do you have sinus issues or are you having a cold? The last time my right ear hurt after listening was because i was suffering from a blocked nose/sinus issues which led to pressure build up in the ear...

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,475 of 15,268
Do you have sinus issues or are you having a cold? The last time my right ear hurt after listening was because i was suffering from a blocked nose/sinus issues which led to pressure build up in the ear...

4 days ago when the problem started, I felt i couldnt rule out the idea of having sinus issues or blocked nose, although i seemed to be just alright. I used some decongestant nasal drops and stopped listening to the x2, the problem went away. But i listened to it again yesterday, it all came back. I am thinking i might switch the right cup and the left cup for the next listening sessions. If my left ear still hurts, then the problem is in my ear. If my right ear hurts, then definitely the problem is in the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back