Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 11, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #2,311 of 15,268
  Yes, sounds a lot better with Micro

I finally bought a micro idsd... have few questions though.. what is the best setting for x2? I mean eco/normal, sensitivity off/high sensitivity etc:?? I am a bit overwhelmed with all the cntrols.. My music main source is my macbook.. what is the best player so that micro can be best used? Not sure if just itunes is enough... sorry so many questions.

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2,312 of 15,268
  Lieven from Headphonia likes X2 more than He-400i. 
blink.gif

Yeah I was the one that asked him this question on headfonia. Im actually auditioning the he-400i as we speak, and the soundstage (both width & depth) are very congested compares to the x2, there are no comparisons. And to be honest, the mids arent as upfront as I thought they would be compared to the x2. 

Then again, I have only burned in the hifiman he400i for about 5 hours now. 

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,313 of 15,268
After a bit of burn in my X2 being to have an highter volume in the bass compared than treble and bass is rolling
im using the integrated 1150 now, but also with notebook and smartphone its the same.

the general volume is high.
I test it with game and MP3 320

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #2,314 of 15,268
  After a bit of burn in my X2 being to have an highter volume in the bass compared than treble and bass is rolling
im using the integrated 1150 now, but also with notebook and smartphone its the same.

the general volume is high.
I test it with game and MP3 320

what media player do you use? in VLC my Volume is set to 70-75% w/ MAX PC volume.

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #2,318 of 15,268
  Your mobo should work fine as a source for the X2.  If you're talking about Beats Studio originals in that sentence... >.<
We have very different tastes in sound signature.

I'm using beats studio 1 for around last three years and it's original and was a gift. that's the only headphones I have at the moment after I sell my momentums. I tried momentums in my friends PC he have sound blaster Z and the bass was not much or not enjoyable. sorry i'm not an audiophile I can't describe very well. when EQd the bass then it was ruining the mids and trebles. I know people hate beats but I really enjoy the bass on beats. I tried every settings within media player (iTunes) and realtek and SBZ EQ to like momentums but none worked. so I sell it.
I'm reading the X2 does not have that much bass it's neutral. is X2 like momentums in bass department?   

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #2,319 of 15,268

I'm using beats studio 1 for around last three years and it's original and was a gift. that's the only headphones I have at the moment after I sell my momentums. I tried momentums in my friends PC he have sound blaster Z and the bass was not much or not enjoyable. sorry i'm not an audiophile I can't describe very well. when EQd the bass then it was ruining the mids and trebles. I know people hate beats but I really enjoy the bass on beats. I tried every settings within media player (iTunes) and realtek and SBZ EQ to like momentums but none worked. so I sell it.
I'm reading the X2 does not have that much bass it's neutral. is X2 like momentums in bass department?   

If your ears have gotten used to the first generation Beats with their overwhelming bass and lack of anything above 1Khz (over-exaggeration but I truly find them ignominious), there is pretty much nothing high fidelity that you'll like. Music is about all its parts, not just the bass. We have a bassheads club thread somewhere, and you can find options for what you seek there.

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #2,320 of 15,268
Quote:
x2 has less bass and is more nuetral sounding. apparently the treble is less grainy too but I personally don't find the x1 grainy at all. the fit is a bit different and the pads are replaceable on the x2.

And more forward mids, tighter better controlled bass that does not bloat the mids as with the X1. X1 is an fun can, X2 is more audiophile level, more refined.

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,321 of 15,268

If your ears have gotten used to the first generation Beats with their overwhelming bass and lack of anything above 1Khz (over-exaggeration but I truly find them ignominious), there is pretty much nothing high fidelity that you'll like. Music is about all its parts, not just the bass. We have a bassheads club thread somewhere, and you can find options for what you seek there.

I agree with you that because I only have beats and wanted change, a nice pair of headphones to enjoy the music. after joining the Head-Fi I learn a lot about headphones and sound here and other good brands that I've never heard of. this is an expensive hobby and I am not rich but at least I can afford one decent pair of headphones that I can enjoy for a long time. in my country it's very hard to sell used items and I was lucky enough to sell my momentums. hope X2 won't disappoint me after reading lots of good reviews about it.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #2,322 of 15,268

I agree with you that because I only have beats and wanted change, a nice pair of headphones to enjoy the music. after joining the Head-Fi I learn a lot about headphones and sound here and other good brands that I've never heard of. this is an expensive hobby and I am not rich but at least I can afford one decent pair of headphones that I can enjoy for a long time. in my country it's very hard to sell used items and I was lucky enough to sell my momentums. hope X2 won't disappoint me after reading lots of good reviews about it.

The X2 certainly has the warm sound you are seeking. I hope you enjoy it :D

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2,324 of 15,268

I finally bought a micro idsd... have few questions though.. what is the best setting for x2? I mean eco/normal, sensitivity off/high sensitivity etc:?? I am a bit overwhelmed with all the cntrols.. My music main source is my macbook.. what is the best player so that micro can be best used? Not sure if just itunes is enough... sorry so many questions.

I'm using normal mode and sensitivity is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back