Philips Fidelio X2?!
Nov 22, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,216 of 15,268
That's what I had in mind! :) 

That or the beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Mic Cable if it would work tho... I'm not sure what's the best option.

I can get the beyerdynamic mic for AU$89 from Australia or the Vmoda Boompro mic overseas from their Vmoda official website for US$45

oh cool, I didn't realize Beyerdynamic made one too!

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,221 of 15,268
X2 + Concero HP =
L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,223 of 15,268
I ordered mine through Amazon at the end of October with a projected delivery of mid Decemebr to mid January. Last week on a local website I found a brand new pair being sold by someone who won it in a raffle. I bought it for $240 so feeling lucky! Then I get notified the same day by Amazon that they have shipped the ones I ordered so too late to cancel. Looks as if they will go back to Amazon as soon as they arrive!

First impressions are very positive. I prefer them to my Hd580s and they stand up well against my Audeze LCD 2.2s. They match the HD580s for sound quality, but add a larger soundstage which is what I was looking for. I'll try to add a more detailed review once I've had more time with them, but I think that Tyll's review is accurate.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,224 of 15,268
  That's what I had in mind! :) 

That or the beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Mic Cable if it would work tho... I'm not sure what's the best option.

I can get the beyerdynamic mic for AU$89 from Australia or the Vmoda Boompro mic overseas from their Vmoda official website for US$45

Save yourself the money and get the V-moda.

X2 + V-moda boom mic and it's working beautifully.

Surprised with the build quality for the price...the cord and mic extension is very giving and seems durable.

EDIT: Usage: 4 - 6 hours daily after work for a month.

My only gripe is that the clamping force is a bit strong if you wear glasses so it can be a little pinched.

Might put them over a box to loosen them up, but not too much.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,225 of 15,268
Still waiting for comparisons between the X2 and the shure 1540...
I am trying to decide between both. I only own one headphones, the ath m50 paired with the dacmagic xs.

Neither Change or myself have received our X2s yet so you will probably be waiting awhile longer. Patience, grasshopper!

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #1,227 of 15,268
I expect the Fidelio L2 mic cable to work with X2. Will test it asap once I get the X2, hopefully tomorrow (damn you UPS).

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,228 of 15,268
  Save yourself the money and get the V-moda.

X2 + V-moda boom mic and it's working beautifully.

Surprised with the build quality for the price...the cord and mic extension is very giving and seems durable.

EDIT: Usage: 4 - 6 hours daily after work for a month.

My only gripe is that the clamping force is a bit strong if you wear glasses so it can be a little pinched.

Might put them over a box to loosen them up, but not too much.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

Yeah, I don't want to spend too much money on a dedicated mic.

Although I could save even more money and keep my current pair of Yamaha MT-220's and buy a dedicated mic instead?

All in all, my priority atm is to save up enough money to build my own computer. Once I've built my own computer and I find that I really like playing PC games as opposed to console games (I've always played console games) than I'll seriously consider an upgrade.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #1,229 of 15,268
If your priority is gaming, my two cents would be that you should spend the money on computer parts. The differences between solid sets of headphones is incremental, but if upgrading your PC means being able to play a game or not play it, you will notice a much bigger difference for your money.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #1,230 of 15,268
  If your priority is gaming, my two cents would be that you should spend the money on computer parts. The differences between solid sets of headphones is incremental, but if upgrading your PC means being able to play a game or not play it, you will notice a much bigger difference for your money.

yeah, that's why I said that my priority atm is saving up enough money to build a decently mid-end PC. $1000 budget excluding monitor,mouse, keyboard etc

Once that's all paid for I'll then start to think about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back