Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 31, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #976 of 15,268
  Received mine 5 hours ago. Time flew. First impressions. Less bass than X1 which was to be expected. Midrange is clearer with a nice midbass too. Highs are similar to HD600's being clear and somewhat smooth. I do barely notice the grainy sound but only if I focus on listening for it. I see how Tyll would knock off the HD600's off the wall for these. So similar for less money and better build quality imo. Only downside is the X2's are a bit heavier, but I have yet to notice it with 5 hours in so far. No adjustment like I had to move the X1's occasionally. Clamp force is just a tad bit tighter than the X1's and far less painful than the HD600's. If you're one to find the X1's too bass heavy. The X2's should be perfect if you liked the other sound signatures of the X1's.

Vocals are nice on these. Gaming is spectacular! Make a noise, I dare you. :)

How much less bassy would you say these are than the X1? like a rough estimate percentage wise? Is the bass still sufficient for you if your're coming from the X1?

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #978 of 15,268
  Received mine 5 hours ago. Time flew. First impressions. Less bass than X1 which was to be expected. Midrange is clearer with a nice midbass too. Highs are similar to HD600's being clear and somewhat smooth. I do barely notice the grainy sound but only if I focus on listening for it. I see how Tyll would knock off the HD600's off the wall for these. So similar for less money and better build quality imo. Only downside is the X2's are a bit heavier, but I have yet to notice it with 5 hours in so far. No adjustment like I had to move the X1's occasionally. Clamp force is just a tad bit tighter than the X1's and far less painful than the HD600's. If you're one to find the X1's too bass heavy. The X2's should be perfect if you liked the other sound signatures of the X1's.

Vocals are nice on these. Gaming is spectacular! Make a noise, I dare you. :)

And how would you compare the bass between the HD600 and the X-2?  I like the Sennheiser sound, but wanted more bass quantity. 

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #983 of 15,268
yesterday on Facebook they said their review will be out in a few weeks, in the comments they said X2 is bassier and darker already, L2 is brighter with more tight bass (and being semiclosed reaches deeper too).

it's strange because superimposing graphs, L2 has more rolled off highs than X2, but we can't judge by only looking at graphs, L2 is known to be lean and clear while stille being balanced and with nice bass

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #984 of 15,268
  I'd check out Headfonia for the review which should be soon. I can't imagine them not comparing them with the L2.

Why? The L2 and the X1 are night and day, not the same type of phone at all.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #985 of 15,268

Why? The L2 and the X1 are night and day, not the same type of phone at all.

They are if you count the B34t5 Pr0's to have similar sq to the Stax-009's like I do. 
L3000.gif

In fact, I consider the Beats to even be a bit better acoustically.

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #987 of 15,268
HE-400 is said to have edgy treble, I think the 400i would be better, or the X2. Haven't heard any Hifi Man, but I suppose 400i could be possibly more refined than X2, correct me if I am wrong

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #988 of 15,268
  Can't decide between these and Hifiman HE-400... I can get them at pretty much the same (good) price. 
confused.gif
 Source would be a Dragonfly 1.2. Which one should have less sibilance/harsh treble?

All Hifiman's I've heard (except the modded HE6 I heard yesterday) have too much treble presence.  Some are harsh.  HE400i is better, but I'd rather get HD600s than them.

Out of the two, I'd risk grabbing an X2 blind and selling it if you don't like it.

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #989 of 15,268

All Hifiman's I've heard (except the modded HE6 I heard yesterday) have too much treble presence.  Some are harsh.  HE400i is better, but I'd rather get HD600s than them.

Out of the two, I'd risk grabbing an X2 blind and selling it if you don't like it.

400i and 560 have excellent treble IMO...
Though the X2 will certainly be darker, so if that's what you like then it is the better choice 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back