Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #512 of 15,268
enjoy

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/boss-philips-fidelio-x2

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #513 of 15,268
Fantastic. Great review, and confirms my choice to return my X1 and wait for the X2. I am so excited for it. It will be my Mid-Fi endgame. Until I decide to maybe get Alpha Dogs. Maybe. For all I know the X2 might be my endgame.

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #515 of 15,268
So definitely quite a lot has been done to improve on the X1, that goes beyond cable and pads etc. Seems like we will be forgetting about the X1 shortly as everybody's gonna be jumping ship with the X2. Especially if pricing will allow for it.

If I wasn't so happy with my DT880's I'd definitely be on this. Now... I'm not so sure I care enough haha.

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #516 of 15,268
Nice Review!

Watched the X1 review first from InnerFidelity and its hard to see that it could be improved any more(best open headphone, wall of fame) but it does!? and also not by a litte, but a lot! The X2 looks to be by far the best open headphone out there?!

He talks much about neutral/balanced, the X1 was everything but neutral(to my ears) so I assume that they have change the characteristics of the sound a great deal(even if its not that visible on the readings)?

He says that the hight have more extension(at 7:56), then he says at 9:35 that they are not as clear as other high-end headphones? I thought that an extension in the higher treble would help alot with the clearnes? This is how the EQ works for me? My DT990 is way to bright so by droping down the highest treble a couple of clicks it gets a bit more muffled(whitch is needed for my ears) but also loses some clearnes.

I know that headphones(just as speakers) is all about personal taste but this headphone sounds really great so I will defently have to get a side by side test ! :)

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #517 of 15,268
As I loved the X1 a lot I preferred the Q701 soundstage and character. I too watched his video review and placed an order with Amazon for £183.

I'll compare them directly with my Q701 (bass port modded, headband modded) but in terms of comfort and build quality I know 100% that the X2 will win by a landslide. the X1 were the best quality buil headphones I have ever owned or even touched, the Q701 feel cheap and creak but the SQ is so good I forgave the poor craftsmanship :p

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #519 of 15,268
  As I loved the X1 a lot I preferred the Q701 soundstage and character. I too watched his video review and placed an order with Amazon for £183.

I'll compare them directly with my Q701 (bass port modded, headband modded) but in terms of comfort and build quality I know 100% that the X2 will win by a landslide. the X1 were the best quality buil headphones I have ever owned or even touched, the Q701 feel cheap and creak but the SQ is so good I forgave the poor craftsmanship :p

Looking forward to it.

Let us know your thoughts!

I recently tried the X1s for the first time and I couldn't come up with anything to complain about even if I was forced to.

Replacement pads yeah, but other than that I was speechless.

Hopefully Amazon US has them soon so I can take a look at pricing.

Enjoy the X2s!!

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #520 of 15,268
Ordered them too some days ago, can't wait!! And just today I was considering if I should've canceled the order and get an HD600! :p

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #522 of 15,268
Oct 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #523 of 15,268
Philips doesn't have any kind of trade up program for X1 owners do they?

Wishful thinking... I know...

I know right! Even though I love my X1's, Tyll's review now has me lusting for the X2's in a rather big way. I can only applaud Phillips for doing such a great job of fueling my Fidelio upgrade-itis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back