Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 17, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #10,337 of 15,268
I have higher sound in one of the earpads. And different thickness of earpads. Should I try removing the foam and then return it if it has glue? What is your suggestion?

Im in no position to suggest anything sorry, was curious about your setup and experiences thats all as im considering these HP's. Ive read about recent batches maybe having problems through a manufacture takeover but im not sure. Original x2s consistently have very good reviews on sound quality, muffled bass isnt something ive come across when reading about the original x2s pre manufacture takeover??

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #10,338 of 15,268
  says so on the tech spec in the manual. http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/216585/tc_electronic_desktop_konnekt_6_manual_english.pdf

So if i were to say get a magni 2 amp, will the 80ohm output impedance matter when feeding into an amp? read this on reddit

"Output impedance of the DAC is not important when it connects to an amplifier. If the DAC has a low output impedance than you can power sensitive headphones without the Amp. With balanced armature IEMs that have large variances in impedance relative to frequency you want as low output impedance as possible to avoid the frequency response being affected."

i ask because i dont want to get the modi dac if i dont need to. the dac on this interface is really good for my productions.

​sorry for going off topic
etysmile.gif

Holy cow, you're right! 
eek.gif

Grab just about any amp and hook it up with the Konnekt and you should hear an improvement. Check out the buy & sell section, there's a handfull of $200 amps on the first page alone, including two UHA6S mk II, kickass little units. There's even an Audio-GD NFB 15.32 going for $125 (a raging STEAL) if you want another desktop DAC & amp unit. But hurry up before I grab that one...

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #10,340 of 15,268
Yes pretakeover. :S On the box itself it says replacable earpads. Oh let me try to see if my other ones fit and how comfy they are. They where glued DIRECTLY onto the pad, making rthem rip as I tried removing them??? :S WHAT THE HELL?? DIRECTLY on the soft foam?? Hopefully I can get them returned.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #10,343 of 15,268
I have a pair of the glued pad stock and I had channel imbalance.

I have taken off the pad's and they were not glued the right way up on one side, I have re hot glued them back on and now the channels are balanced correctly.

I just want to add how good these things are, I am so glad I checked the pad's.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #10,344 of 15,268
  I have a pair of the glued pad stock and I had channel imbalance.

I have taken off the pad's and they were not glued the right way up on one side, I have re hot glued them back on and now the channels are balanced correctly.

I just want to add how good these things are, I am so glad I checked the pad's.

How the glue can affect the sound like this? Can anyone explain this? 
blink.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #10,345 of 15,268
  It's not the glue, read again. It was the one pad not being installed the correct way around.

Oh I see thank for pointing this out.

How the glue can affect the sound like this? Can anyone explain this? 
blink.gif

Can you explain more how the ear pad was glued before fixing it? This might be helpful for those thinking in buying a pair including me.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #10,346 of 15,268
Yes the fatter part of the pad was at the front making a bigger gap between my ear and the driver the fatter part should be at the back.

The vocals etc were coming from in front of my right eye and not out from the center of my nose.

There is a hole on the back of the pads that show where to put the pad and this was not aligned with the pin on the pad.

The glue is in the four holes on the ear pads you have to slowly pull them away so not to rip the material.

I would suggest to check only if you hear a balance issue and notice a pad being the wrong way up and if you have a hot glue gun to reattach the pads.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #10,347 of 15,268

The vocals etc were coming from in front of my right eye and not out from the center of my nose.

There is a hole on the back of the pads that show where to put the pad and this was not aligned with the pin on the pad.

The glue is in the four holes on the ear pads you have to slowly pull them away so not to rip the material.

I would suggest to check only if you hear a balance issue and notice a pad being the wrong way up and if you have a hot glue gun to reattach the pads.

Thanks for the explanation, very helpful. This makes a lot of sense, there was another member experiencing the same thing, he said that the voice was coming from in front of his eye just like you said, probably the ear pad wasn't installed correctly too. Do you really need to glue them back or can they stay in place without glue just like how the X2 pads used to be?

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #10,348 of 15,268
Mine would not stay in place without the glue, the holes on the pad that fit on to the pins on the headphone are to wide for the pin to sit snugly.

A manufacturing issue on these pads.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #10,349 of 15,268
Question..

Do I potentially save £30 odd and buy a new pair off ebay from someone, or should I just pay £175 off Amazon with the option of returning?

I currently use HyperX headphones, so I'm sure this will be an improvement, but the whole Gibson thing is putting me off.

I'm second guessing whether to buy them!

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #10,350 of 15,268
  Question..

Do I potentially save £30 odd and buy a new pair off ebay from someone, or should I just pay £175 off Amazon with the option of returning?

I currently use HyperX headphones, so I'm sure this will be an improvement, but the whole Gibson thing is putting me off.

I'm second guessing whether to buy them!

Buy from Amazon and return if something is off. Easy as that. Peace of mind is worth extra in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back