Philips Fidelio X2?!
Oct 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #586 of 15,268
Tyll said the only reason he didn't knock the HD600's off was due to the fact the HD600's have a higher impedance. Therefore work better (with higher impedance?)/higher end amplifiers.

Yep, that's what I understood from Tyll's review...HD600 was staying on the WoF.

Lets read it again together out loud class lol

"Any of you who have read my HD 600 review will know I hold them in high regard. In fact, many enthusiasts believe they may be the most important headphone in the hobby. Well, I don't think the X2 is going to change that—the HD 600 was a great headphone very early on and will forever hold an historic place in headphonedom—but I do think the X2 is the first headphone in the mid-priced, open headphone class that might deliver a superior listening experience."open headphone class that might deliver a superior listening experience."

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #587 of 15,268
Lets read it again together out loud class lol

"Any of you who have read my HD 600 review will know I hold them in high regard. In fact, many enthusiasts believe they may be the most important headphone in the hobby. Well, I don't think the X2 is going to change that—the HD 600 was a great headphone very early on and will forever hold an historic place in headphonedom—but I do think the X2 is the first headphone in the mid-priced, open headphone class that might deliver a superior listening experience."open headphone class that might deliver a superior listening experience."

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/boss-philips-fidelio-x2-page-2

Oct 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #589 of 15,268
Haha my wife was givinge the dirty look for watching YouTubevideos instead of the stupid movie she put on Netflix so iI was trying to multi-task andonly heard hd600,off the wall, yes they're that good

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #593 of 15,268

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/boss-philips-fidelio-x2-page-2

Hey Sundown! Thanks for taking the time/effort to copy/paste that portion of the article and highlight the relevant verbiage. 

beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #594 of 15,268
It still has a mid bass hump, so it's not particularly neutral, but should be closer than the X1. Sorta like the HD650 which was quite well balanced with a mid bass bump, and softer treble section.

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #595 of 15,268
I think there are pros and cons to the midbass hump and that's what makes it very divisive. Hopefully it is well judged on the X2. If it is better balanced than the HD600 then I wonder if it should also be compared with the SRH1840.

edit:typo

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #597 of 15,268
I actually chatted a bit with the engineer about that mid-bass hump. He said that it's very sensitive. A little too much and it gets murky, too little and doesn't give the bass umph.

I think they did a very nice job balancing the bass.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #599 of 15,268
My X2 will be arriving on the 14th. Can't wait. Will be comparing them to nodded Q701 and my old X1 (now sold on).

Who sells them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back