Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 31, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #5,731 of 15,268
I doubt my pair or your pair is/will be fake. I bought mine from a legit retailer, I may just be out of luck and got a pair where they hade to use glue for some reason. Anyway, you should not worry. Please get back to me about your headphones though, and this goes for everyone here. If any of you guys have glued earpads or have a box like mine, let me know about it, thanks.

on tuesday my x2 will be arrive i will let you know asap thanks!

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #5,733 of 15,268
It depends on the amp. Some amps like the Schiit Valhalla work best with high impedance cans like the Sennheiser HD600s, some work better with lower impedance cans like planars. It depends whether the amp has been designed for driving current hungry low impedance cans or the opposite. Output impedance of the amp also has a significant effect. If the amp has high output impedance, then you would need to turn the volume up more compared to high impedance cans as they're less affected by it.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #5,735 of 15,268
Right now i have magni 2 and modi 2 what gain is the best for x2 lo gain or hi gain?

Whichever one that has the volume level you want.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #5,738 of 15,268
Yah they said x2 is easy to drive but let see on tuesday because i will receive my x2 on that day....

High you gain more bass but also more volume. It's unlistenable for me at 10'o clock. Low gain the sound is tight and you have more volume control. My higher listening peak is 12 or 13, tops.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #5,739 of 15,268
 Hey, v1718. Definitely use low-gain with the X2.
The benefits of using low gain with low-impedance cans (X2) are:
-Higher signal to noise ratio due to lower noise floor. This means that the noisy, hissy sounds coming from your source or the amplifier itself aren't being made (much) louder. Instead, the stuff you want to hear is more audible.
-More volume range. With high gain, turning the volume up about 25 degrees from nothing results in crazywtfomg levels of audio. This means there are at least 300 degrees beyond this point that aren't listenable!
-Smaller chance of blowing up your headphones..or ears. What if you accidentally nudge the volume control?
eek.gif

Quote:
High you gain more bass but also more volume. It's unlistenable for me at 10'o clock. Low gain the sound is tight and you have more volume control. My higher listening peak is 12 or 13, tops.

Sheesh, that is quite loud, my friend. With my Magni2Uber+X2, I listen at no higher than 9 o'clock at low gain. But then again, my source(a laptop via USB) is maxed out.
High gain with the X2 is just..useless to me, haha. There's such a narrow listenable range.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #5,740 of 15,268
Sheesh, that is quite loud, my friend. With my Magni2Uber+X2, I listen at no higher than 9 o'clock at low gain. But then again, my source(a laptop via USB) is maxed out.

I listen that high when I'm under effect. Usually is less than 11. Do you use modi2u as well? Sometimes I regret modi2u... But then I remember coax, USB and optical at the same gear

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #5,741 of 15,268
Ooh, under effect, eh?
cool.gif
Sounds like you're really enjoying your cans.
You know, there is something about the X2 that really makes me pump up the volume. With my Q701, I can listen at lower volumes(which is better, as the Q701 is less clean at higher volumes.) But with my X2, I want moar bass and stuff, I guess.

Yeahh, I always use my Modi2Uber. And I love it! It seems to add a little bit of volume to the bass, I guess because it isn't so rolled-off down there compared to my other sources. But that's another topic!

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #5,742 of 15,268
Ooh, under effect, eh? :cool: Sounds like you're really enjoying your cans.
You know, there is something about the X2 that really makes me pump up the volume.

Oh man. They are the best. There's nothing as when up the skies out these things on and listen a bit louder. Separation and soundstage gets absurdly better. thus, the bass makes it feel more realistic. I really appreciate music like this. I wish I had a vinyl player and a nice chair. But it's just two days to get back in Brazil and listen to my x2 over a bunch of old vinyls.

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #5,743 of 15,268
You need to get some tubes to go with that vinyl. It will lead to super psychedelic/retro/edgy(hip) sound. It might make the experience even better.

Ya know, I used to really trance out while listening to my M50(with trance music no less.) But the X2 also has the ability to do it. I just love this can!
My favorite thing about the X2 is that I can't find anything bad about it. Well, not unless I get super picky
ph34r.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #5,744 of 15,268
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and new to headphones in general. I just got a pair of X2s recently for gaming and listening to EDM and hip hop. They sound great while connected directly to my iPhone 6 and Sony STRDH550 av receiver, but I was wondering if the sound quality could be improved with a DAC/amp.

People have suggested a Schiit Fulla, but I'm not sure if the front USB input on my receiver can also function as a powered output for the Fulla.

I know the X2 has a low impedance but I don't know what that means or how it affects sound quality when connected to various devices.

I have lots of random noob questions so bare with me, and any help would be appreciated. For instance, would I get better sound through my iPhone 6, an old 160GB iPod, my desktop PC, or my av receiver? Would a DAC/amp improve the sound on any of those specific devices? And if so, which amps work the best with the X2s?

(reposting for the new page)

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #5,745 of 15,268
I doubt my pair or your pair is/will be fake. I bought mine from a legit retailer, I may just be out of luck and got a pair where they hade to use glue for some reason. Anyway, you should not worry. Please get back to me about your headphones though, and this goes for everyone here. If any of you guys have glued earpads or have a box like mine, let me know about it, thanks.

I received my x2 today anyway there is no glue whatsover and in the box there is no hifi logo something on the right side of the box like you shown in the pic. Why is your box is different do you think thats a new manufactured or latest batch? Did you ask philips about that? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back