Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #4,051 of 15,268
I think the claims that the dye in the pads can cause cancer is pretty ludicrous. There are plenty of dyes found in fabrics and clothes that are completely harmless. Why would Philips not use something that is safe? The only reason I could see an issue with the pads is if they stain a headphone stand (a omega stand for example) or if they are staining skin, which as far as I know hasn't happened

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #4,052 of 15,268
Anyone else annoyed by the length of the cable? Seriously, can Philips not imagine you plugging these into your portable devices and having 5 extra feet of cord dangling around?

A shorter length cable would have been a smart inclusion.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #4,054 of 15,268
My X1 pads are indeed leaking dye/ink, left them on some white card for a few days and have purple dots left behind.

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #4,057 of 15,268
Just noticed the pads staining my laptop (which is aluminum covered) and also a normal a4 paper :/ been having them since january... Nothing on my skin though. I'm not expecting to get cancer anytime soon, but still it's something I'd rather not have. Time to buy HM5 pads then. Anyone has a good link from europe?

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #4,058 of 15,268
Just noticed the pads staining my laptop (which is aluminum covered) and also a normal a4 paper :/ been having them since january... Nothing on my skin though. I'm not expecting to get cancer anytime soon, but still it's something I'd rather not have. Time to buy HM5 pads then. Anyone has a good link from europe?

http://www.headsound.de/epages/63028271.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63028271/Products/BRWVZEP

I have no experience with the shop, I found the pads there while looking for headphones.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #4,059 of 15,268
I'm wondering if there is a X2 shortage, at least on amazon. Amazon.com /germany/italy/france/uk seem to be out of stock or have at least 1 month shipping time. I was just about to order a pair but the waiting time is just so long. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #4,060 of 15,268
  So has anyone ever contacted Phillips about this issue and if so, what was their position?

Yes I did. They are investigating my pictures etc now. Also gave them the link to this forum so that they can see I'm not the only one who has this issue.
And for the record, I'm not paranoid or anything about cancer. I just don't want any more ink stains on my self made beautiful desk.
Ill post their solution here. They'll probably send me a fresh pair of pads.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #4,061 of 15,268
Keep an eye on the amazons, as the wait will likely be much less than 1 month. I ordered from amazon.it a few weeks ago and it shipped (from warehouse in France) pretty quickly. However, they seem to sell them as fast as the get stock.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #4,064 of 15,268
Anyone know what stores in the U.S. have the X2 on display?  I know not every store carries the same display headphones, but maybe you had luck in a Best Buy, a Microcenter, a TigerDirect, etc...?  Where have you personally tried the X2s in person at a store in the U.S.?

Also, the thing about carcinogens is legitimate--in certain circumstances.  I don't believe that this is one of them. I have done some research on this before when purchasing some studio monitors. Its a chemical used in 53% of plastics, called DEHP.  The reason it is used is because it is so cheap, economies of scale and all.  There are studies that show working with the raw materials can be harmful, but the studies of it being harmful when airborn or via touch from daily products are inconclusive. 53% of all plastics have this harmful materials, so you aren't going to be able to avoid it just by buying a different set of cans.  Honestly, I am not worried about it at all.  The batteries and materials used in our cell phones are actually proven to be harmful, and I'm not about to give up my cellphone anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back