Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,906 of 15,268
  It's the X2's. I noticed them leaving little dark gray dots where they would rest on my wall with a hook a while back. Then last night when I set them down on that paper and woke up today I'm concerned for health reasons. Would this be a health issue for cancer reasons? I've used these headphones for a month straight for 8 hours a day, everyday and they still bleed on paper like crazy. I wonder what it's done to my body. Here comes my paranoia kicking in. 
frown.gif

Is it the pad or the cups leaving the blue stuff?
But yeah, I don't think it'll cause any health issues if you haven't experience any already.  Are you sure they're legit?

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,908 of 15,268
Dec 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #1,910 of 15,268
  Probably a waste of time and the replacement would probably do the same thing. They probably have no idea about the issue and haven't corrected it yet. Yes they're legit from what I think. I pre ordered these from Amazon USA in early October.

My x1 pads do nothing like that... may be a defect with your pads.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #1,911 of 15,268
Hey guys first post here!

Quick question, I just ordered the Philips X2, what mic would be best in combination with these? The modmic 4.0 or the V-MODA BoomPro thing? I'm mostly going to use it for my PC but will play Halo every once in awhile on my Xbox One. 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,912 of 15,268
  Hey guys first post here!

Quick question, I just ordered the Philips X2, what mic would be best in combination with these? The modmic 4.0 or the V-MODA BoomPro thing? I'm mostly going to use it for my PC but will play Halo every once in awhile on my Xbox One. 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Boompro probably

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,913 of 15,268
  Probably a waste of time and the replacement would probably do the same thing. They probably have no idea about the issue and haven't corrected it yet. Yes they're legit from what I think. I pre ordered these from Amazon USA in early October.

Strange problem.  I never wore my X2s with the stock pads for more than an hour at a time, and now I've switched and likely won't go back.

FWIW, I had a strange, slightly amusing experience with some pads I made for my HE-560s.  I used a very nice microsuede I picked up at a fabric store.  After a fairly long listening session when there was definitely some sweat transferred, I put the cans on a $40 wood stand (the type vaguely resembling a human head).  When I took them off the next day, there were two dark ring stains on the stand.  While I do brush the pads occasionally to clean them, I've not experienced a rash or anything funky on my head, and I use those cans quite often.  The stand was a Chinese special from eBay, seller since closed, but they're readily available from a myriad others.

If you're wearing your X2s for eight hours a day, I'm not totally shocked by the reaction of the pads.  Not saying it's right or good, just not shocking.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #1,914 of 15,268
Well, the Sennheiser HD558's I had that broke, causing me to get an upgrade lasted me 3 years. There were sessions of 12 hours straight of gaming a lot of times. There was never an ink problem, nor a lint problem. I have the HD600's next to me too and set them on paper, a weight with paper. Nothing, absolutely no ink what so ever and I've been using the HD600's a month as well. Okay, not 8 hours a day, but close to it on the X2's. Same with the HD600's. I switch between them per day, or throughout the day deciding on what to keep. X2's I want to keep since they have more bass and a wider soundstage for pinpointing footsteps in games. I just took a paper tower, soaked it, rang it out and brushed the x2 pads and a ton of lint came off. However, no ink which is strange. I even held a finger into the pad for a minute or two and no ink at all. I'm not sure what this sorcery is!

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,916 of 15,268
  OMG, there's purple marks where I normally put my Headphone, what is IT!? I'm now paranoid. 

OMG.
Just found out.
Phillips is actually a company run by aliens, and the X2s are part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race.  They are mind control devices and appear to be working.  The purple stuff is actually a secretion by the devices which allow them to melt our brains and re-mold them to the aliens' desire.  We are all doomed.

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,918 of 15,268
  Well I'll be damned. My pads are now flatter and my ears touch the driver housing. I didn't even wet them that much, only lightly damp. 
angry_face.gif

EDIT: I had them on backwards. 
duggehsmile.png

Please update us on the purple Alien stuff. is it gone? 

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,919 of 15,268

Please update us on the purple Alien stuff. is it gone? 

No, its not unfortunately. It's still as bad as before. I really notice it if I rest some weight on the headphones with the paper under it. Pads are not damp anymore and completely dry now as I put them near my heater vent. I'm wondering if I should upload a video. Clean white paper, headphones laying down with my hands resting on the earcups applying pressure. I think pictures do the same "shock" value.

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,920 of 15,268
  OMG.
Just found out.
Phillips is actually a company run by aliens, and the X2s are part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race.  They are mind control devices and appear to be working.  The purple stuff is actually a secretion by the devices which allow them to melt our brains and re-mold them to the aliens' desire.  We are all doomed.

Pih, you'd think aliens could work out a better distribution scheme, esp. if enslavement is their goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back