Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #1,777 of 15,268

Just plonk down for the X2 already - you've been handwringing over this decision for weeks now :)

Seriously, there's nothing better to get at the price.

don't know if i should wait for a massdrop drop though. Amazon has free shipping to where i live and would cost about 400 SGD after conversion whereas i could get the 598s for half the price locally :p decisions :p

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #1,778 of 15,268
Which one needs more amping? The fidelio L1 or the Fidelio X2? I have the L1, and although people say it doestnt need amping, i find myself hooking them up to an amp all the time because the sound will have unsatisfactory volume level. So again, will the X2 need less or more amping?

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,779 of 15,268
don't know if i should wait for a massdrop drop though. Amazon has free shipping to where i live and would cost about 400 SGD after conversion whereas i could get the 598s for half the price locally :p decisions :p

I was actually curious about whether or not there would be a mass drop. Obviously if there would be I would but my X2 from as the price would be better for me.

Didn't feel like waiting around for an answer so I emailed the mass drop guys. They told me that they might have some other Philips stuff lined up but the X2 won't happen any time soon.

So your best bet is Amazon.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #1,780 of 15,268
Which one needs more amping? The fidelio L1 or the Fidelio X2? I have the L1, and although people say it doestnt need amping, i find myself hooking them up to an amp all the time because the sound will have unsatisfactory volume level. So again, will the X2 need less or more amping?

From which source? The X2 has plenty of volume here using an MBP2012 and an iPhone 6, streaming from Rdio.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,784 of 15,268
I just got my X2s in the mail from amazon. The box had obviously been opened already . All the seals were broken and there was a hair in the headband, but I don't see anything wrong with them. Do you think I should do anything? 

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #1,785 of 15,268
Anyone any idea if I can get a pair of these in Rome? On holiday in Italy but haven't seen a headphone/electronics store at all so far. Wondering if I might get lucky at the airport...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back