Philips Fidelio X2 Defects on Amazon
Dec 20, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #17 of 250
What I'd really like to know is whether:
1. only the x2s with glued earpads have sound quality issues, or if there are unglued x2s that also have SQ issues
2. all x2 with glued earpads have sound quality issues, or if only some of them do.

Basically how do I know if I have an X2 with SQ issues if I don't have another "good" x2 to compare with.

Just putting it out there in case someone somehow knows, or sees a solid trend.
Thx!

There are no sound quality issues. One dude on Reddit made that claim and now everyone is getting paranoid. There were dozens of pages with people getting RMAs and so forth and not one mentioned the SQ changing. I've had two X2s, one X2/27 with the sticker issue, another X2/00 with very slight glue and thinner pads - they sounded identical.

Unless someone can come forward with the drivers looking different, different measurements, SOMETHING to prove that there is a difference, don't take one fear-mongering guy's word for it. Instead look at all the people who have said the exact opposite throughout this entire QC ordeal: they sound the same.

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #18 of 250
There are no sound quality issues. One dude on Reddit made that claim and now everyone is getting paranoid. There were dozens of pages with people getting RMAs and so forth and not one mentioned the SQ changing. I've had two X2s, one X2/27 with the sticker issue, another X2/00 with very slight glue and thinner pads - they sounded identical.

Unless someone can come forward with the drivers looking different, different measurements, SOMETHING to prove that there is a difference, don't take one fear-mongering guy's word for it. Instead look at all the people who have said the exact opposite throughout this entire QC ordeal: they sound the same.

Well said. What are RMAs?

And to be honest, they sound as good as my HD600s so I think I'm just getting overly paranoid. I can't seem to remove one pad though...

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #19 of 250
Will check my box when I get home.  I did a close inspection of the headphone itself when I opened them this morning and found nothing wrong with them.  The earpads do have some glue residue where the polls that hold the earpads are located, but this is a non-issue IMO.  Just wipe it off, it doesn't affect the quality of the product.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #20 of 250
  Will check my box when I get home.  I did a close inspection of the headphone itself when I opened them this morning and found nothing wrong with them.  The earpads do have some glue residue where the polls that hold the earpads are located, but this is a non-issue IMO.  Just wipe it off, it doesn't affect the quality of the product.

One of my glued ones came off pretty easily. The other one ripped the pad... I think it's time for a return? Agree?

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 250
  One of my glued ones came off pretty easily. The other one ripped the pad... I think it's time for a return? Agree?

I'll have to remove my other pad and check.  If it comes off with relative ease like the other one, I think I'll be good.  I'll just wipe the glue off with some goo-gone!

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #26 of 250
Some people on r/headphones have allegedly debunked the Gibson theory. Not sure how they came to that conclusion, but worth a look.

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #27 of 250
I just ordered a used one for $141 from Amazon Warehouse Deals.  I hope they are good.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #28 of 250
Hi i just received my headphones and they are from Gibson Imports. i am not able to take off pads so mine would be glued. Is it true that Gibson pairs has low sound quality? has anyone compared both models? I have only one chance of getting refund as i have shipped internationally so should i go for refund?

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #30 of 250

I'm confused,  why is everyone saying that the ones that come from gibson  are not the high quality that the normal ones are?  trying to follow the other thread on this as well and i think i am making my self confused to what is really going on.   I guess I have a pair of the ones that come from gibson  since thats what the picture i posted says its from but my cushions come off fine with no glue or melted foam on the pegs.

Here're some other pictures from the amazon 199 special.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back