Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Feb 17, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #811 of 1,061

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #816 of 1,061
Is the Asus xonar essence STX going to do the X2's any justice? Right now i'm using the onboard mobo-audio (Realtek ALC892) and I want to push the X2's a bit further. I'm thinking of the STX because i can get it for a very reasonable price (40£).

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #817 of 1,061
You're in the exact same position as me. I had the X1 and because the output impedance is high on the STX it made the bass a bit distorted, the STX was made for higher impedance headphones. I have been thinking for a while to add the Epiphany O2 to the STX because the output impedance is so low it can drive any available headphone. I am a fan of the Dolby Headphone feature on my STX and i can't use that with the O2 running from the STX without double amping. They are easy to drive but i still think they would benefit from some amping. If i was you i would get the O2 which is around £80 including delivery and the STX. Either that or just carry on running them from onboard.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #818 of 1,061
Mar 26, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #820 of 1,061
How does the x2 compare with he400i

User impression links were provided on the bottom of the first post (review). Two users shared their opinion (on 400i vs X2) until now. Hope some others may contribute on the 400i comparos as well.

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #821 of 1,061
I both love the x2 and L2, I will also buy the M2l when released. My question is even more difficult. Which in ear comes close to the x2 in overal quality? I did find the IE80 did come close but bass sounded muddy and not 3D compared to the X2 and even the L2.

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #822 of 1,061
I both love the x2 and L2, I will also buy the M2l when released. My question is even more difficult. Which in ear comes close to the x2 in overal quality? I did find the IE80 did come close but bass sounded muddy and not 3D compared to the X2 and even the L2.

It's very difficult to compare IEM's with full sized cans (especially open ones) but fwiw I really love the X2's and I really love the ATH-CKR9 as well. They're not identical but they both have a well balanced full sound and both have great bass impact and layering as well as good treble extension . The CKR9's actually is even tighter in it's bass but still having great impact. Both also have excellent depth/3D sound.

These are the only two IEM's /headphones among all that I own that don't really makes me miss anything when using them.

Might be worth to research.....

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #823 of 1,061
Guys I've read the whole thread.

Current setup is X1s, low resistance cable, Aune T1 with one of the best tubes and qobuz lossless source.
Its a very good setup all in for under £300:)
Now I got the x1s on sale for £115! From Amazon.com but the release of the x2s have me very intrigued.

I do like my bass extension.

Should I upgrade?

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #824 of 1,061
Guys I've read the whole thread.

Current setup is X1s, low resistance cable, Aune T1 with one of the best tubes and qobuz lossless source.
Its a very good setup all in for under £300:)
Now I got the x1s on sale for £115! From Amazon.com but the release of the x2s have me very intrigued.

I do like my bass extension.

Should I upgrade?

Well, you know the drill right? (Go read rules for some guideline if you don't know)
We need more information on your preferences

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #825 of 1,061
The drill?

I listen to it all, heavy metal to electronic to film soundtracks to older bands.

I like 'warm neutrality', good resolution and non fatiguing treble.
I appreciate bass extension over quantity. Previously had 598s and they really aren't bad but for bass not being faithful.

Cable is fisual sflex and tube Amperex 7308 Gold Pin, just remembered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back